arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brand new VPS 12 months trial from Joyent :D
Wink 
My stuffs are running fine on Amazon AWS Free Tier 12 months.

But I found another one, Joyent
https://my.joyent.com/landing/signup/701800000015N22

Please read this carefully:

*Terms and Conditions: Valid credit card required for authorization. Your card will be charged for billable usage value on a calendar month basis.

The Compute free tier promotional offer is valid for new customers only, and is good for one Micro
- 256 MB RAM
- 0.125 vCPUs
- 16 GB Disk instance running on
- SmartOS, CentOS or Linux ("Compute Free Tier")
- for 12 months from the date of creating an account ("Compute Promotional Period").

At any time during the Compute Promotional Period, you may start/stop/reboot/delete /re-create the instance. The Compute Free Tier promotion offer may be used only once and is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash value.
Upon expiration of the Compute Promotional Period, if you have not deleted your instance, you will be charged for continued use at the then current rate for the instance. For a limited time only. Offer good while supplies last.

Joyent reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel your Compute Free Tier due to inactivity. Valid credit card required for authorization. The Compute Free Tier does not include third-party charges or outgoing bandwidth.

The Manta Storage Service Free tier ("Manta Free Tier") is valid for any customer and is good for 12 months of 10 Gig of storage per month (or 7440 Gig/hr/mo) from the account creation date ("Promotional Period"). Manta Free tier will, by default, create 2 copies in 2 different availability zones.
Manta Free Tier may be used only once and is non-transferable. Promotion cannot be redeemed for cash value. Any unused value at the end of the Promotional Period is forfeited. For limited time only. Offer good while supplies last.

Your card will be charged if your have not deleted your Manta storage objects by the end of the Promotional Period. Manta Free Tier does not include third party charges or outgoing bandwidth fees.

Good luck, "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch" Smile
VIP Linux VPS 2$/month (25$/year 60$/2 years)
1 GB RAM 20 GB Storage 500 GB Bandwidth(50Mbit) 1 core 1 IPv4 1 IPv6
facebook.com/SnoOpyMinhThang
snoopy-xserver.com
it contains CC verification,that's why its shifted to Others forum.
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

(01-09-2016, 12:31 PM)Dynamo Wrote: it contains CC verification,that's why its shifted to Others forum.

Oops, so sorry Big Grin
Anyone else interesting with Joyent can take a look here:
http://mytestvps.com/free-vps/joyent-clo...ation.html
VIP Linux VPS 2$/month (25$/year 60$/2 years)
1 GB RAM 20 GB Storage 500 GB Bandwidth(50Mbit) 1 core 1 IPv4 1 IPv6
facebook.com/SnoOpyMinhThang
snoopy-xserver.com
I'd surely love to get that vps, I mean it could be used for small scale testing if nothin else but that CC Verification is not a good part of the story :c
This is very interesting, I have signed up.

The CC verification is no problem for me since I have 20 Visa prepaid cards from Bing Rewards, I've used them for a while to do CC verification.
I guess a 256 MB VPS would come under low end box. I have once faced difficulty to even run a WordPress site off a low end box.
why is thios topic not closed as the rules say no cc vertification
https://post4vps.com/thread-65.html
Will check. Personally, I was thinking that it was too low to go with a 256 MB VPS, let alone a 64 MB one Smile
Cool I'm gonna try it but it needs CC verification that's not cool.
I did give my credit card number for large and trusted companies like DigitalOcean, Vultr, etc, but I wouldn't risk my money with a small company.
There are scam companies who offer free VPS and ask credit card for verification purposes and then they ask more and more. And at the end you are going to pay three or four times more than you were bought from a "not free provider".You can read more about these companies on LowEndTalk.com. One of them is https://in.fortacloud.co/cart/free-tier-fortacloud-vps/ and they are in this business for years.

But still I can't say nothing about Joyent. Have someone tried them?
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting