arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firefox Freeze Problem
I'm having the Firefox freezing problem for a while now. Once I start FF, it keep building RAM quota and then freezes. Even if I close most of tab RAM doesn't decrease. This really driving me nuts.

I do have Chrome can't use that for some FF tasks. Also I have separate sets of Social accounts in both browsers. I wonder if this has to do with bookmarks. I have like 400 links there.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

when it just started? after updating to newer versions?

looks like this is similar to this https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/959765 isn't it?
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

Yes I think. I have a feeling problem is Facebook. Now I'm just using Chrome for FB and Firefox for other things. I will see how it goes.

Thanks for the link. That page has some interesting pointers.

(01-22-2016, 07:12 AM)xdude Wrote: I'm having the Firefox freezing problem for a while now. Once I start FF, it keep building RAM quota and then freezes. Even if I close most of tab RAM doesn't decrease. This really driving me nuts.

I do have Chrome can't use that for some FF tasks. Also I have separate sets of Social accounts in both browsers. I wonder if this has to do with bookmarks. I have like 400 links there.

You should probably try Firefox Developer's Edition, it has multi-processing unlike the standard version of Firefox.
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/developer/

Extremely useful for me when debugging my sites Smile
Thanks ! now that's something very useful !!! Smile

and it seems I like thought the reason for freezing problem is Facebook. Since I have stopped using Firefox for FB it hasn't happened.

I never got a this type of problem but sometimes Firefox becomes resource hogger just like google chrome. The freeze problem maybe due to Facebook scripts and cache as Facebook stores lot of cache on the computer, then any other website(except YouTube).
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
have you updated your firefox to the latest one. i had some issues like those and turned out my firefox was an old one. after updating its running smoothly
[Image: 687474703a2f2f7075752e73682f6f437766762f...322e676966]
try to update your plugins.. or clear your FF Cach..

Thanks to @Post4VPS & @Racknerd for Providing thier : VPS 2

"The problem is facebook" . May be you must using mobile facebook version because mobile version is lightweight . I think the problem is from your plugin that not compatible with fb . Try delete all your plugin and try again . Maybe
Sorry for My Bad English
I am Web Developer || Python, NodeJs, C# Programer
My Fiverr Profile
(01-22-2016, 07:12 AM)xdude Wrote: I'm having the Firefox freezing problem for a while now. Once I start FF, it keep building RAM quota and then freezes. Even if I close most of tab RAM doesn't decrease. This really driving me nuts.

yes that is the problem with firefox . when you close tabs it doesnt decrease ram usage . with chrome and opera it will kill the process because each tab is a process making the browser much crash proof and much faster because it is now more multicore ready .

another problem with firefox is that it is prone to crashing more than chrome but less prone than internet explorer . internet explorer have many many many exploit every day . even tough most exploit is patched not all user update their internet explorer very often and it is not that fast to fix the problem so you better use other browser because it is much safer than firefox

but with chrome you get the big ram usage so make sure you have a lot of ram if you want to use chrome

that is my opinion . comment your opinion below
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting