arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WordPress or Joomla
Which of these ( WordPress / Joomla ) would be a right choice to make a news portal ? I was hoping to try WordPress but lack of free themes in News / Magazine category was pulling me back. Joomla seems to have enough support using modules for news portal.
In my opinion wordpress better than joomla in the manufacture of a web portal. wordpress have several advantages in my opinion. such as: many themes available. either free or paid. as well as also with the plugin. so many plugins wordprees which to create a web portal. either free or paid. lightweight and supremely
Sorry for My Bad English
I am Web Developer || Python, NodeJs, C# Programer
My Fiverr Profile
I agree that WordPress has more plugin and theme support than another CMS available. Most of them are free as well. It is just that you can bank on Joomla if you want to do something complex. Personally I feel Joomla is a bit more hard to use than WordPress.
I personally recommend WordPress, because of it's flexible features.
I too love WordPress for it's ease of use. But there are a few things Joomla can do with modules and module positions that I have no seen with WordPress yet.
I'm a personal fan of Wordpress, I feel like creating sites ( atleast for me as Im a nub ) is far more easier than handling the complex modules of Joomla ( eh the word modules itself sounds so complex to me Tongue ) So I vote Wordpress!
Definitely WordPress is the best option. I think the use is very easy, more easy than Joomla. Yes, I am fan of WordPress. Smile
For a News portal, Wordpress will be a very best choice because of it has tons of features that joomla lakes. My recommendation is to use Gensis themes, those are best optimized for wordpress.
I would choose WordPress over Joomla because WordPress is being developed by many professional programmers while Joomla has limited number of programmers developing it.
I think Wordprss has more Magazine like themes than Joomls does. Also WP does have a massive plugin repository giving you all kinds of customization options. I have been using Wordpress years and very happy with it. Never felt like that in brief peroid i was using Joomla.
Pages (3):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
11-29-2019, 04:03 PM
Last Post: xdude
01-07-2019, 08:49 AM
Last Post: deanhills
07-16-2018, 01:36 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting