arrow_upward

Pages (11): Jump to page 
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Which do you prefer AMD or Intel?

I preferably use AMD for gaming and Intel for daily use.
um where's Nvidia? Tongue I'm a fan of Nvidia in the part of gaming and for everyday work purposes, Intel ofc!
I had reservations for AMD at the time of it's launch. Now though it is a cheaper and reliable alternative for Intel.
(05-02-2016, 01:34 PM)Honey Wrote: um where's Nvidia? Tongue I'm a fan of Nvidia in the part of gaming and for everyday work purposes, Intel ofc!

This doesn't even make sense? Nvidia makes video chips whereas Intel and AMD make Processing chips (Processors)...

IMO: I'm more a fan of Intel, since most Intel processors are more power-efficient than AMD chips, though they are a little more expensive.
(05-03-2016, 12:37 PM)RickB Wrote:
(05-02-2016, 01:34 PM)Honey Wrote: um where's Nvidia? Tongue I'm a fan of Nvidia in the part of gaming and for everyday work purposes, Intel ofc!

This doesn't even make sense? Nvidia makes video chips whereas Intel and AMD make Processing chips (Processors)...

IMO: I'm more a fan of Intel, since most Intel processors are more power-efficient than AMD chips, though they are a little more expensive.

It does actually, many computer manufacturers have built-in nvidia graphical chips along with Intel processors, so yeah.
I never had amd. Always Intel and i think intel has better processors than amd.

What makes you think that Intel is more power efficient ? Any studies to back up ?
(05-03-2016, 04:13 PM)Honey Wrote:

It does actually, many computer manufacturers have built-in nvidia graphical chips along with Intel processors, so yeah.
Yah but mainly AMD and Intel are for processors, they just combine it with graphical chips to make it more powerful.

(05-03-2016, 09:54 PM)meetdilip Wrote:

What makes you think that Intel is more power efficient ? Any studies to back up ?
Maybe this article may help ~ http://www.pcworld.com/article/3031222/t...iency.html
i can´t tell as i like them both

intel and amd are both good as i have a intel pc and amd pc

here are my pc(s) specs

i have a intel core i7 4790 @ 3,6 ghz quad core and 8 theads 8 gig off ram nvidia geforce gtx 560 ti hawk msi (medion primary pc)
and
amd phenom 2 dual core @ 3 ghz 8 gig ram nvidia geforce gts* 450 asus (hp secondary pc)

(* yes its an gts not gtx its this video card https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/ENGTS450DI1GD3/)
(05-03-2016, 09:54 PM)meetdilip Wrote:

Intel CPUs aren't more powerful but they have much better thermal properties. 
About three or four years ago I had a notebook with an AMD CPU and (Ati) Radeon video card. 
It was always hot, although it was a new notebook, all the drivers were installed, and its fan worked fine.
There weren't any faults or errors, because I took it to the nearest service point and then they confirmed that it's ok, but it's hotter than an Intel because it's AMD. Then I sold and bought a same notebook but with an Intel CPU. And all problems gone, it is much cooler, and still the fan doesn't have much work, it's still working.
AMD is good only if you have a very good cooling system.
And they are really recommended for gaming because you can buy it at a much lower price.
Pages (11): Jump to page 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
01-03-2018, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Arkiven4
11-18-2017, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Conan

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting