arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improve Latency
Hello Post4VPS Community,

I need your expert opinion on how to reduce latency of players connecting to server.
my VPS is located in Chicago USA, and my target players are mostly from ASIAN countries. 
Since USA is kinda far from ASIA, what is the best way to reduce there latency?
What should I need to setup? maybe a VPN or Proxy?

Regards,
Vuluts
toreduce high latency is to keep the gameserver "mods or plugins" as minimal posible.
latency realy depends on your specs and network speed.
The only way to do this is get a server as close to Asia as possible and that would be in Los Angeles, California most likely. And when you do that look out for providers with Asia optimized routes and IP space.

No VPN or proxy will reduce the latency. In most cases it will increase even more because the connection has to go a much longer way and has to pass through several more networks and routes.

Hosting directly in Asia is expensive but I guess you could try DO/Vultr Asia locations.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(06-06-2016, 09:00 AM)perryoo11 Wrote: toreduce high latency is to keep the gameserver "mods or plugins" as minimal posible.

Latency isn't dependent on network speed. Also specifications of the server is irrelevant now since servers have pretty good network cards.
Also keeping mods/plugins minimal reduces packets/packet size. Not latency.

Latency is dependent on location, and routing/peering.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
http://FreeVPS.club - Free VPSs!
(06-06-2016, 09:00 AM)perryoo11 Wrote: toreduce high latency is to keep the gameserver "mods or plugins" as minimal posible.

No, mods or plugins do not use your internet, and don't make your ping higher, it may decrease your FPS but not your ping.
Well, what I did for a free VPS I had in LA, I TCP proxie'ed it through a VPS in The Netherlands. The latency (ping; ms) is most of the times lower from a VPS, since the DC networks are better routed. Therefore I connected with the VPS in The Netherlands, the game server itself however ran at the server in LA. Totally no lagg, low latency :-)

The latency is actually a false view, since you don't really see the latency between the VPS and the game server.
(06-27-2016, 03:39 PM)Lampard Wrote:

No, mods or plugins do not use your internet, and don't make your ping higher, it may decrease your FPS but not your ping.

mods or plugins does use internet.
dynmap (minecraft plugin uses internet)
(06-27-2016, 05:47 PM)perryoo11 Wrote:

The plugins uses internet if its connected with some way, about mods, no they don't use ur internet, of course internet is used to download the mod from the server, but like when u are playing in a server and a mod is already downloaded, then it does not use your internet.
(06-27-2016, 05:47 PM)perryoo11 Wrote:

ah, Dynmap is connected to the internet as what it does is, display your minecraft map on your browser. your right that some mods may use internet but most of them only use internet because they have some sort of connectivity from browsers, most mods do not require internet speed but use server resources ( same goes for minecraft as the more mods you use the high RAM is required ) Smile
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
@Vuluts
If you install a VPN or a proxy then your ping numbers will be even more higher.
So the only solution is to find an american server what is has dedicated connection to Asia or the best to find a provider in Asia.
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting