arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Post4VPS Database Problem
All users must have experienced those Connection timeout pages while loading the forum in some past days..
actually we too were surprised when we got to know from the webhost provider that all databases were deleted unexpectedly, and on top of that they don't had any recent backup(they only had last week's backup which you can see now..) which made them more insecure..
We have currently hosted the forum in a temporary vps until we find a nice webhost or a vps which do have some backup facility more brutal than our earlier provider.

so changes which where made from 15th-22nd are not here..
Sorry for users who had posted there posts in between those dates, you need to do those posts again Undecided
yea i know its a bit difficult but nothing can be done, but from now on we will try to implement some backup system from our side...

and now everything should be fine..
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

also for the people that lost reputation Sad
Its ok! every website gets problem so this is not the problem.
im happy to be back!
I am actually quite curious: which stupid-ass hoster only backs up its servers once a week??
Me i just make backup every month.
(06-23-2016, 02:56 PM)perryoo11 Wrote: Me i just make backup every month.

Well, is it a production environment? I myself backup daily, it takes some time before you've filled 1TB of backup storage :-)

On-topic: Does the loss impact the giveaway?
(06-23-2016, 03:15 PM)RickB Wrote:
(06-23-2016, 02:56 PM)perryoo11 Wrote: Me i just make backup every month.

Well, is it a production environment? I myself backup daily, it takes some time before you've filled 1TB of backup storage :-)

On-topic: Does the loss impact the giveaway?
It would start a bit late.. and users will get some more days to repost..
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

There isn't actual missing that much.
Arround 14 post and 3 topic has been affected
Dynamo you need to setup automated backup process using cron or using a myBB plugin and take a daily backup or a backup twice a day. We all know we can never relay on Hosting Providers for having regular backups. Specially when it comes to an active forum. It has now work arounds.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Pages (3):
lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting