arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPS 4 Bandwidth Usage Problem
Hello Post4VPS Community,

I just login into VPS panel and I experience this problem, my bandwidth reach 1.8 TB. It's weird and I was thinking how's that happen? 

Thank you in advance hoping admins or mods can help me regards my concern.

[Image: p4vps.png]
what have you used ?, i contacted the provider and according to them you have used excessive bandwidth tho i'm not sure as it was their live chat operator's response. what could cause such excessive bandwidth usage
You might be hacked? A few years ago (when I sucked in VPS security haha), some people did DDoS from my VPS and I got shut down by the provider.
(07-11-2016, 11:47 AM)Rishabh Jain Wrote: what have you used ?, i contacted the provider and according to them you have used excessive bandwidth tho i'm not sure as it was their live chat operator's response. what could cause such excessive bandwidth usage

I don't do anything sir Rishabh Jain, earlier this day I was planed to upload my files into my VPS so I can test my server and when I check my panel that's what I saw. Can they trace the IP who did this?

(07-11-2016, 11:49 AM)RickB Wrote: You might be hacked? A few years ago (when I sucked in VPS security haha), some people did DDoS from my VPS and I got shut down by the provider.

Oh my! maybe that's the reason why it came up like that.
(07-11-2016, 01:49 PM)Vuluts Wrote: I don't do anything sir Rishabh Jain, earlier this day I was planed to upload my files into my VPS so I can test my server and when I check my panel that's what I saw. Can they trace the IP who did this?

i'll sent them the request and will see what we can do, about it
(07-11-2016, 01:51 PM)Rishabh Jain Wrote:
(07-11-2016, 01:49 PM)Vuluts Wrote: I don't do anything sir Rishabh Jain, earlier this day I was planed to upload my files into my VPS so I can test my server and when I check my panel that's what I saw. Can they trace the IP who did this?

i'll sent them the request and will see what we can do, about it

Thank you sir Rishabh Jain, I'm just worried, and hoping they wont suspend the VM because of what happen. Sad
If you haven't setup things on the server yet, maybe you have set a weak password. Or something on the server was exploited. (You said you were going to upload files so I'm going to assume that you have something like a web server set up already.

Just wait for the renewal time and find the problem. I doubt a provider would reset your bandwidth without you paying.
http://FreeVPS.club - Free VPSs!
I check my VPS statistic starting from the month of May up to now and this is the result, can anyone explain it more briefly so I can understand it more why my bandwidth reach 1.8 TB. Feel sad I can't even use my VPS until now Sad 

[Image: stats.png]
Any news regards with my bandwidth issue sir @Rishabh Jain?
You have like 64.3 Megabyte/s outgoing traffic (that's around 512 Megabit/s of used connection speed). That is a lot for any kind of normal usage. You used over 50% of the connection speed to send something out to the Internet and that over days. No wonder you used 1.8 TB bandwidth. This huge spikes indicate that maybe your VPS was hacked and used to attack someone or to do other illegal activity.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-14-2019, 01:31 PM
Last Post: hamed
07-28-2019, 03:51 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting