arrow_upward

Pages (4):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What can you say about Kali Linux OS?, I heard mostly ethical and unethical hackers use this Linux OS.
That's what I heard as well. A distro for hackers. Never tried myself.
Thanks  @Post4VPS

Mainly hackers are using this OS because it has a lot of hacking tools installed with system.
What kind of tools ? ( Just curious ).

Are there standard tools for hacking ?
Thanks  @Post4VPS

Kali linux is the best alternative linux distro for backtrack, as backtrack is no longer maintain by anyone kali is the one who have same functionality as backtrack. @meetdilip it have some awesome tools for penetrating and some security checker tools it also have a port checker preintalled to use.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
You can download Kali Linux here - https://www.kali.org/downloads/

(08-03-2016, 03:54 AM)TrK Wrote: Kali linux is the best alternative linux distro for backtrack, as backtrack is no longer maintain by anyone kali is the one who have same functionality as backtrack. @meetdilip it have some awesome tools for penetrating and some security checker tools it also have a port checker preintalled to use.

If I'm not mistaken Backtrack 5 is the source of Kali Linux
@Vuluts yes you are right kali linux is based on backtrack just with active development.
@TrK I'm just curious with this Kali Linux, hmmm can it be used as like game server, web server or mail server etc.
i don't think its reliable as a server as its mainly for penetration and security checks. But i also can't deny the possibilities as its linux and we can use that as our needs.
(08-04-2016, 01:48 PM)TrK Wrote: i don't think its reliable as a server as its mainly for penetration and security checks. But i also can't deny the possibilities as its linux and we can use that as our needs.

I searched it for on Distrowatch.com and I found out that this is fully based on Debian:
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=kali
But I haven't seen any VPS provider that had this distro as an image.

[b]Vuluts[/b] :
Better if you use a stock Debian/Ubuntu/Centos and then install as you want.
Also I don't like Linux Mint, stock Ubuntu is the best imho.
Pages (4):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
05-23-2018, 09:19 AM
Last Post: sagher

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting