arrow_upward

Poll: Nano vs Vim ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Nano
100.00%
Vim
0%
Total
5 vote(s)
100%

* You voted for this item.

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anybody specify me the reason why vim editor is preferred over  nano editor? i like nano because its very easy and simplest editor
Many thanks to Abc-Hosters LLC and post4vps for the VPS 3  Party

- Sorry for my bad English

Nano is best edit because its easy to use and about vim i used one and cant write anything in it or may be its hard to use thats why i didnt understand but i prefer nano
yeahh we are the same :Big Grin i think vim have complicated keybord shortcut :Big Grin than nano thats why i choose nano :Smile

My first editor was Nano and it's so easy to use and can be found plenty of tutorial. I have never got used to Vi. It's little too complicated to use. Probably because im so used to Nano.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

VIM is high-level text editor, but in most of time it's hard to use it, also the way it works is annoying. I use Nano for whatever I'm doing, because I simply like it, and the work is done with ease unlike VIM.
Nano is better because it is easier to use. I don't want to spend time to learn how to use VIM.
(10-02-2016, 04:09 AM)xdude Wrote: My first editor was Nano and it's so easy to use and can be found plenty of tutorial. I have never got used to Vi. It's little too complicated to use. Probably because im so used to Nano.
with nano we only use combined CTRL button for commands :Big Grin
i commonly just use ctrl+x : y/n and ctrl+w

(10-02-2016, 08:38 AM)Dudi Wrote: Nano is better because it is easier to use. I don't want to spend time to learn how to use VIM.

haha very offensive answer for vim Big Grin

I think one of the biggest reasons why Nano is so popular is many started their first vps with CentOS and usually Nano is the editor we use for that Linux OS. Like Maroon said all you have to do is master those CTRL key combos.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Nano editor is good for first time linux user since it's easy and user friendly editor.
yeahh i remember when i first time install debian server on my pc i was confuse how to edit some configuration file so i ask my teacher he is told me to use nano editor. start from there i always using nano till now Smile

Pages (3):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting