arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
I was really curious why they open a post to host forums, what is their main reasons? are they earning profit for it? what is there real objectives? because post to host forum needs to be maintained daily or weekly.

Sorry for this topic, I was just curious about it because there are lot's of post to host forums out there.

Please admins delete or move this topic if I posted in wrong section or it's this topic is not allowed.

Thanks!
(10-10-2016, 03:18 PM)nostrora Wrote: what is it with you? you don't like a vps for free or something?

Just out of curiosity, because there are lot's of post 2 host forum not only for VPS, there are also for domains, web hosting etc.
Some of the Post To Host websites earn money if company is sponsoring them VPS, and then Post to host websites can have ads on their website so that they can earn money from it.
Post To Host Forums have to pay for domain, SSL and hosting costs only if other hostings are sponsoring them.
There might be so many post 4 host type sites but there arent many stable sites among those. specially vps providers. If you try to offer people vps from your own money then it wont work long term. you have to provide them at least 1 ip address. So if u have given 50 servers you are paying 50 usd per month for ips alone.
I also have my own Post to Host Forums, but let me tell you that managing forums, and all of those type of things are interesting. Some may make their forums to earn money, but you can never earn too much money from ads, VPS. they cost too much. but if there are sponsors then owner has to pay only for domain and hosting.
Earning form forums is pretty hard unless it's a specific niche. There are several big webmaster forums which earn a lot from ads but these forums have over 100k active users and over million total users. Good example is Blackhatword. Which earns from memberships, market place fee etc. But it's extremely hard to earn from a free web hosting forum since most people come to these forums looking for free stuff.

Post 4 Host is not exactly free. Everyone has to do some work to receive what they want. Sponsors provider servers in return for exposure, users have to provide a review, backlinks etc. Forum owners work as a middle man sometimes earning something from ads (Often owners earn nothing). As for users they don't get it totally free. They have to spend time on forum making fixed number of post every month to keep the vps. Also they have to provide reviews and back-links to provider and the forum. So there's nothing free about this whole system.

In my opinion it's better than providing vps for free with no catch. Unlike shared hosting when it comes to a vps there are monthly charges. For example for IP address. Someone has to pay for this. This is why it's not sustainable if it's provided totally free. Also it's impossible for single person to run this kind of operation without sponsors. Providing 10-20 vps is one thing but when forum become popular providing 10-20 vps every month and keep paying for old vps is not something practical.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Well I said the same things on freedomain club maybe. And again saying. There are some reasons like
- Earning Money
- Selling Emails or ( some kind of sening junk/spam mails )
- Storing passwords in plain texts. So that they can access your other accounts.
I don't see why I would think this, I mean they are giving us a VPS for free, which would otherwise cost more than 5$/mo, so even if there is a catch, I wouldn't mind Tongue
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
post to host forums actualy earn nothing.
you can do banners but over no its
free - free.
you need to pay yearly your domain name. (8$ for .com (a decent company))
webspace (12 a year to 50 a month (unmanaged - managed)).
you need to get sponsors.

this took alot of time you reach a decent amount of vpses and members.
Hosters do this in order to promote their hosting site to the world. If there are many people interested in their website that means they will earn tons of money. Post to host just helps website to find people interested in hosting and to keep the community together.
Thank you VPSlices and Post4VPS for your beautiful VPS!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
06-25-2017, 06:57 AM
Last Post: Golden

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting