arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does cPanel worth the price ?
I have used cPanel for years with all of my shared hosting accounts. But only when I have started using vps I have had to think about its price. Even though its very easy to use do you guys think its worth the price when it comes to vps ? I realised dont use more than 50% of its functions.
I completely agree with @karatekidmonkey about cPanel also if you are not able to handle terminal you can use free alternatives like VestaCP(most recommended and secured free panel), ISPconfig, CWP(pretty much like cPanel in features), etc.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
How much are you paying for the VPS + cPanel license?
thats an own question nova.

if you have the money and you like to spend on it it would be a good choice.
nice interface.

but like vestacp and centos-webpanel and etc. free would do the job too.
or get advanced learn handle the terminal.
Its on you, if its for personal use then using a free control panel is good. But if you got your own company then cPanel is good.
(10-22-2016, 07:00 PM)Lampard Wrote: Its on you, if its for personal use then using a free control panel is good. But if you got your own company then cPanel is good.

Yep. If you want to offer paid shared web hosting then cPanel is a must. There won't be too many people who are willing to by shared hosting with a free control panel. Shared hosting industry is dominated by cPanel. Other panels like DirectAdmin or Pleaks give very little competition.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(10-24-2016, 05:48 AM)xdude Wrote: Yep. If you want to offer paid shared web hosting then cPanel is a must. There won't be too many people who are willing to by shared hosting with a free control panel. Shared hosting industry is dominated by cPanel. Other panels like DirectAdmin or Pleaks give very little competition.

Direct Admin is also good, but it was used too much before. and it is still used, but not by many companies. I just like Directadmin because it is affordable.
As to their official web site DirectAdmin cost 29 usd per month, 200 usd annually or 299 usd life time. So they want push their lifetime package. Its good deal for those who can afford this onetime payment.

But for people like me getting cPanel/Whm is cheaper because many vps providers offer it for 5 - 10 usd per month.

I know its using a free web hosting control panel is the best option. And its good for me who has no plans to start a web hosting business.
Not really. As others said, learn the terminal. First get the hang of the basic commands with a simple book (might be over kill...), then look up the commands for the things you want to do. You will feel so much control.
Learning console is good. But look at how many things cPanel makes easy. And, they charge only $ 15 per month. Even for professional VPS providers and server vendors. Considering they have monopoly, they can charge anything.
ThanksĀ  @Post4VPS

Pages (3):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
06-19-2017, 10:42 AM
Last Post: OldMeister

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting