arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WhatsApp sharing your number with Facebook
Do you use WhatsApp ? If yes, I am sure you know that they will be now sharing your phone number with their parent company Facebook. There was lot of fake promises when Facebook took over WhatsApp. That WhatsApp will never have ads, they will keep your privacy safe, etc.
All of them seems to be a bluff.
Thanks  @Post4VPS

We already know companies selling your personal information to third-parties. I think it will not make any difference in people's perspectives.
Thank you VPSlices and Post4VPS for your beautiful VPS!
We should read their Terms of Conditions. If they mention that they share phone numbers with other companies, then that's OK, nothing we can complain. But if this is missing from ToS then it's illegal.
P.s I have never read those long ToS documents. Big Grin
There was nothing in WhatsApp ToS before. They recently updated their privacy policy to make us adhere to data sharing. European Data Protection watchdog recently were reported to be unhappy about WhatsApp and Yahoo for their alleged spying on user data.
Thanks  @Post4VPS

Telegram is love, Telegram is life. Seriously, I never trusted WhatsApp and never will.
There is nothing much you can do when all your friends use it. Same is the case with Facebook.
Thanks  @Post4VPS

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting