arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ubuntu, a Mac clone ?
I have always thought of this. The more I knew about Mac, it felt like Ubuntu has copied a lot of names, concept, UI and UX from Mac. Or a decent terms would inspired by Mac.
Do you share the same feeling ? Could be that makers of Ubuntu tried to give people a free OS X than a free Windows.
Thanks  @Post4VPS

I don't think that they copied anything from Apple. Apple has hundreds of lawyers, so if they did such then they would be in a trouble. I like both operating systems, although I don't have an iMac or a MacBook Pro.
And I think OSX is more stable than Ubuntu Unity. I have so many errors with Ubuntu desktop.
Not sure why you feel that, I feel Its opposite to that, or that both OSes are good in their own seperate ways
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
The UI scheme of Ubuntu reminds me of Mac than Windows.
Thanks  @Post4VPS

(12-03-2016, 09:40 AM)Dudi Wrote: I don't think that they copied anything from Apple. Apple has hundreds of lawyers, so if they did such then they would be in a trouble. I like both operating systems, although I don't have an iMac or a MacBook Pro.
And I think OSX is more stable than Ubuntu Unity. I have so many errors with Ubuntu desktop.

It's not "copied". More like, it's inspired by Mac OSX. I expect OSX to be more stable though. Ubuntu is just a customized version of the sid branch of debian.
http://FreeVPS.club - Free VPSs!
I am Not Agree If Ubuntu, a Mac Clone . Maybe Ubuntu Inspire By Mac OSX , Like @Conan Said . I think Who's Not Inspired By An Operating System is the most Good Compared with the other OS .

And If Ubuntu Clone Mac . Mac will Claim That . And Ubuntu Will Facing Law xD
Sorry for My Bad English
I am Web Developer || Python, NodeJs, C# Programer
My Fiverr Profile
Max OS X and ubuntu have the same UNIX command line applications, I feel that ubuntu is bloated anyway

Debian is the only way is to go
[Image: miwilc.jpg]
Ubuntu is quite good from Mac I I used both but I suggest unbuntu
Both Ubuntu and Mac has sudo, right ? The window scheme is also very much similar. If only Ubuntu had a dock as in Mac, they would have been look alikes.
Thanks  @Post4VPS

(01-05-2017, 12:32 AM)meetdilip Wrote: Both Ubuntu and Mac has sudo, right ? The window scheme is also very much similar. If only Ubuntu had a dock as in Mac, they would have been look alikes.

because they are based on UNIX . linux is based on UNIX and mac also based on UNIX . the windows scheme is noit really similah . ubuntu is just inspired by mac . ubuntu technically have dock . but it is doesnt have a 3d dock like previous mac version . the thing in the left is actually a dock . and ubuntu also copy the way to handle the menu like File Edit View etc.
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting