Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider
error when run vncserver - Printable Version

+- Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider (https://post4vps.com)
+-- Forum: VPS Discussion (https://post4vps.com/Forum-VPS-Discussion)
+--- Forum: VPS Support (https://post4vps.com/Forum-VPS-Support)
+--- Thread: error when run vncserver (/Thread-error-when-run-vncserver)

error when run vncserver - hamed - 11-06-2019

hello i got this error when i enter the "vncserver :1" command .
i install it without any problem but when i run it i got this error . pls help me . ty
Code:
root@arta:~# vncserver
xauth: (stdin):1:  bad display name "arta:1" in "add" command

New 'arta:1 (root)' desktop is arta:1

Starting applications specified in /root/.vnc/xstartup
Log file is /root/.vnc/arta:1.log

RE: error when run vncserver - LightDestory - 11-06-2019

Your error logs seems to point out that there is a invalid entry on the 'add' command.

We need more details about your configuration and if you can a dump of your configuration.

Did you follow @"Hidden Refuge" tutorial?

RE: error when run vncserver - hamed - 11-06-2019

(11-06-2019, 07:55 PM)LightDestory Wrote: Your error logs seems to point out that there is a invalid entry on the 'add' command.

We need more details about your configuration and if you can a dump of your configuration.

Did you follow @"Hidden Refuge" tutorial?

I did not do anything .
I was using vnc 1 month ago through this same configuration and had no problems.
How did this problem come about now?
Error is not obvious at all I don't know what to do if you know what to tell me.

this is log file and log file error's ...
Code:
Xvnc Free Edition 4.1.1 - built Feb 25 2015 23:02:21
Copyright (C) 2002-2005 RealVNC Ltd.
See http://www.realvnc.com for information on VNC.
Underlying X server release 40300000, The XFree86 Project, Inc

Wed Nov  6 13:31:43 2019
vncext:      VNC extension running!
vncext:      Listening for VNC connections on port 5901
vncext:      created VNC server for screen 0
error opening security policy file /etc/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/, removing from list!

(nautilus:25135): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to register client: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files

** (gnome-panel:25132): WARNING **: Failed to register client: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files
Window manager warning: Log level 32: could not find XKB extension.
Failed to parse arguments: Unknown option --login
Window manager warning: Missing composite extension required for compositing

(gnome-panel:25132): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_get_preferred_height_for_width: assertion 'width >= 0' failed

(gnome-panel:25132): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width -1 and height 24

(gnome-panel:25132): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_get_preferred_height_for_width: assertion 'width >= 0' failed

(gnome-panel:25132): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width -1 and height 24
Nautilus-Share-Message: Called "net usershare info" but it failed: Failed to execute child process "net" (No such file or directory)
Window manager warning: Log level 32: could not find XKB extension.
Window manager warning: Screen 0 on display ":1" already has a window manager; try using the --replace option to replace the current window manager.

** (gnome-settings-daemon:25133): WARNING **: Unable to register client: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files

RE: error when run vncserver - rudra - 11-07-2019

what do you see for
vncserver --list

can try setting machine name in /etc/hosts
as
127.0.0.1 name_of_machine localhost

also try doing as follows,

sudo locale-gen
sudo localectl set-locale LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
vncserver -kill :1
vncserver

let us know what you changed in the meantime..

RE: error when run vncserver - Mashiro - 11-07-2019

You asked me to look at the issue. Well, here is my though of it (I have never used VNC on any of my servers. Merely just created a guide out of a thread where a VNC issue needed to be solved). It looks like your desktop environment and window manager seems to be broken. All the errors in your log hint that it fails to create a session in the desktop environment due to several things actually missing from the system. Fonts aside there are a lot of critical error messages.

Maybe reinstalling the DE and WM will help? I have no idea. I don't have any experience with VNC.

RE: error when run vncserver - hamed - 11-07-2019

(11-07-2019, 12:29 AM)rudra Wrote: what do you see for
vncserver --list

can try setting machine name in /etc/hosts
as
127.0.0.1 name_of_machine localhost

also try doing as follows,

sudo locale-gen
sudo localectl set-locale LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
vncserver -kill :1
vncserver

let us know what you changed in the meantime..
this is hosts file 
Code:
127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.1.1 ubuntu

# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
::1     localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

(11-07-2019, 05:47 AM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: You asked me to look at the issue. Well, here is my though of it (I have never used VNC on any of my servers. Merely just created a guide out of a thread where a VNC issue needed to be solved). It looks like your desktop environment and window manager seems to be broken. All the errors in your log hint that it fails to create a session in the desktop environment due to several things actually missing from the system. Fonts aside there are a lot of critical error messages.

Maybe reinstalling the DE and WM will help? I have no idea. I don't have any experience with VNC.

I did, but the problem didn't work out.
Thank you for respecting my word dear friend.
Anyway thank you for your guidance. Excuse me for taking your time

RE: error when run vncserver - deanhills - 11-07-2019

Moved to VPS Support Forum.