Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider
TV Shows You Watch These Days - Printable Version

+- Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider (https://post4vps.com)
+-- Forum: General Chat (https://post4vps.com/Forum-General-Chat)
+--- Forum: Hobbies (https://post4vps.com/Forum-Hobbies)
+--- Thread: TV Shows You Watch These Days (/Thread-TV-Shows-You-Watch-These-Days)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: TV Shows You Watch These Days - Mashiro - 02-24-2020

A short update to my previous reply.

I dropped a few shows due to them not being in my usualy genres or not being interesting after watching a bit.
  • The Blacklist
  • The Confession Tapes
  • The Unexpected Killer
  • The Pharmacist

I'm quite disappointed by the documentaries. Especially the Netflix ones are absolutely not up to the usual documentary quality that Netflix has in their own production (The Staircase, Making a Murder, etc...).

I finished Castle Rock S02. A great horror TV show with elements of witchcraft. You have to watch it and you'll like it. It's based on Stephen King material and therefore pretty much pays for itself because Stephen King has lot of good stuff!

RE: TV Shows You Watch These Days - xdude - 02-25-2020

I have started watching this Amazon series called Hunters. It's about group of multi ethnic Nazi hunters in late 70s. Hunting down Nazis who hiding in New York, plain sight. So far I have only watched 2 episodes so I can't say much about it. I'm not hooked to it. So I don't know how this will goes. It seems to have decent ratings though.

RE: TV Shows You Watch These Days - sagher - 03-09-2020

A Netflix Turkish season " The Protector S3" season 3 is out. and i start it today evening. as seen trailer the story is again attracting but the number of episodes are so short.

RE: TV Shows You Watch These Days - ikk157 - 03-09-2020

I know many people would find this quite odd and/or weird. But I don’t really watch TV anymore. I haven’t watched TV in years (believe it or not). I just simply lost interest in all the limitations of TV. From forcing you to watch whatever the channels choose to all the forced and boring ads. It just seems like going on the internet is a much more convenient solution nowadays.

Even though this would technically be classified as a TV show, I don’t really watch it on TV:

I’ve been watching hotel hell and kitchen nightmares. Both of which are Gordon Ramsay shows (the famous scottish chef). I find it extremely entertaining watching him scream at the poor cooks (don’t judge lol). I also have a passion for cooking, so that speaks for itself.

RE: TV Shows You Watch These Days - deanhills - 03-10-2020

(03-09-2020, 01:42 PM)ikk157 Wrote: I know many people would find this quite odd and/or weird. But I don’t really watch TV anymore. I haven’t watched TV in years (believe it or not). I just simply lost interest in all the limitations of TV. From forcing you to watch whatever the channels choose to all the forced and boring ads. It just seems like going on the internet is a much more convenient solution nowadays.
You've got a good point @ikk157.  And you're not alone in this.  I've noticed many people moving away from TV cable or channel viewing.  They do their viewing of movies or documentaries through their laptops or tablets and the Internet.  TV Cable is horribly expensive.  At the same time also very boring.  I'm thinking of ditching it myself.  Tonight I found myself clicking around the channels almost longer than actually doing any viewing.  Only TV channel I like is "Universal" with Law and Order episodes on it.  Now and then we get lucky with a good movie.  For the price that is not value.  And also an enormous waste of time if one calculates the clicking together with all of the ads that run with the TV shows.

Other TV shows I look for is Bluebloods and NCIS.  Usually the cable service has plenty of old episodes available too.  I have a very old Video Recorder with a hard disk.  So when I'm inspired I tape the shows and then fastforward through the ads.  I also like to watch some of the food shows, I'm not a cook myself, but there are some good shows in the FoodNetwork. I also like to watch TV documentaries like the Aircrash Investigation series. And of course News on BBC and other news networks.

But very soon I think I may ditch TV viewing. I'll probably be able to use a TV and get everything I need through Netflix or similar online.

RE: TV Shows You Watch These Days - Decent12 - 03-10-2020

Wait wait, is this thread is just about those shows which we watch only on TV? or its also about those which are tv shows but we watch those shows episodes on internet from laptop/pc?
Since I have been using laptop from almost 5 years and kicked the TV outside of my room many many months ago.

RE: TV Shows You Watch These Days - deanhills - 03-10-2020

(03-10-2020, 02:03 AM)Decent12 Wrote: Wait wait, is this thread is just about those shows which we watch only on TV? or its also about those which are tv shows but we watch those shows episodes on internet from laptop/pc?
Since I have been using laptop from almost 5 years and kicked the TV outside of my room many many months ago.

Good point @Decent12. You're right of course. TV is TV and you can view TV shows on your laptop as well. This is the direction I'm moving into myself.

The shows that are discussed here are shows that have been created for TV viewing. They're usually one-hour long, can be more, and can include documentaries, sit-com shows, etc.

RE: TV Shows You Watch These Days - sagher - 03-10-2020

@Decent12 as you know now a days we thrown the old box CRT TVs from home and everyone now have a smart tv with IPTV and Netflix options more over youtube and many many more platforms. so all of these now include as TV shows if the rating is TV serial shows etc... The cinema or movies are different media and ratings as you know.

RE: TV Shows You Watch These Days - Mashiro - 03-10-2020

TV shows - currently watching:
  • Better Call Saul S05
  • The Walking Dead S10 Part 2
  • Bobs Burgers S10
  • Young Sheldon S03
  • James May - Our Man in Japan S01

TV shows - recently finished:
  • Narcos Mexico S02
  • Giri/Haji S01
  • Paradise PD S02

TV shows - want to watch:
  • Altered Carbon S01 & S02

Paradise PD is such a silly show. Quite a lot of violence, stupidity and profanity. Well, at least it has some funny bits. That's probably the only reason why I watched it (S02) as I watched S01 of it in the past.

Bobs Burgers S10 and Young Sheldon S03 are such long running shows... I mean it slowly starts to get boring. Sometimes you have to wait several weeks for a new episode to arrive. Looks like someone is deep in desperation or something... every other show easily manages an episode per week... but not these two shows (pretty much like The Big Bang Theory in the past). Anyway... I'm going to watch them til the end.

James May - Our Man in Japan seems like an interesting show for fans of Top Gear / The Grand Tour and Japan. Basically a small Amazon documentary about Japan moderated by James May (Cpt Slow).

RE: TV Shows You Watch These Days - ikk157 - 03-11-2020

(03-10-2020, 01:20 AM)deanhills Wrote: You've got a good point @ikk157.  And you're not alone in this.  I've noticed many people moving away from TV cable or channel viewing.  They do their viewing of movies or documentaries through their laptops or tablets and the Internet.  TV Cable is horribly expensive.  At the same time also very boring.  I'm thinking of ditching it myself.  Tonight I found myself clicking around the channels almost longer than actually doing any viewing.  Only TV channel I like is "Universal" with Law and Order episodes on it.  Now and then we get lucky with a good movie.  For the price that is not value.  And also an enormous waste of time if one calculates the clicking together with all of the ads that run with the TV shows.

Other TV shows I look for is Bluebloods and NCIS.  Usually the cable service has plenty of old episodes available too.  I have a very old Video Recorder with a hard disk.  So when I'm inspired I tape the shows and then fastforward through the ads.  I also like to watch some of the food shows, I'm not a cook myself, but there are some good shows in the FoodNetwork.  I also like to watch TV documentaries like the Aircrash Investigation series.  And of course News on BBC and other news networks.

But very soon I think I may ditch TV viewing.  I'll probably be able to use a TV and get everything I need through Netflix or similar online.

I am with you when it comes to cooking shows and air crash documentaries, I absolutely love those!

I don’t, however, watch those on TV anymore. Many episodes are available for free on YouTube. However, if you do a bit of googling, you can even find other episodes for free on some random websites (not sure if that’s pirating, so don’t take this path if you’re not a fan of pirating).

As for paying for cable TV, that’s like one of the main points why I don’t like it. Rather invest that money in some form is streaming service such as Netflix or what not.