Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider
How effective are vaccines for stopping the spread of Covid 19 globally? - Printable Version

+- Post4VPS Forum | Free VPS Provider (https://post4vps.com)
+-- Forum: General Chat (https://post4vps.com/Forum-General-Chat)
+--- Forum: Corona Virus (COVID-19) Pandemic (https://post4vps.com/Forum-Corona-Virus-COVID-19-Pandemic)
+--- Thread: How effective are vaccines for stopping the spread of Covid 19 globally? (/Thread-How-effective-are-vaccines-for-stopping-the-spread-of-Covid-19-globally)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: How effective are vaccines for stopping the spread of Covid 19 globally? - sagher - 03-26-2021

I would like to tell you that the free vaccination process for above 60 YO (Senior Citizens) are started since one week ago. and i register my parents name via CNIC identification system. and all process is very easy to operate and instant message received with vaccination date.
Hopefully i got date for my mother after 2 days. Govt using Russian Sputnik 2 Vaccine at this time. and announced that regular vaccination is not available free anymore. each have to pay 4500PKR to 8000PKR. that was too much high cost for vaccination. and if it happens then no one can like to avail this vaccination.

RE: How effective are vaccines for stopping the spread of Covid 19 globally? - tryp4vps - 03-26-2021

(03-26-2021, 05:46 AM)sagher Wrote: ...... Govt using Russian Sputnik 2 Vaccine at this time. and announced that regular vaccination is not available free anymore. each have to pay 4500PKR to 8000PKR. that was too much high cost for vaccination. and if it happens then no one can like to avail this vaccination.

It is sad to hear that the Covid-19 vaccination is not free anymore in your country.

I think it is a setback and will affect the overall effectiveness of vaccination countrywide.

As I know even many other countries offer free vaccination but still many people there do not want to take the vaccines. Smile

RE: How effective are vaccines for stopping the spread of Covid 19 globally? - sagher - 03-27-2021

(03-26-2021, 04:53 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: It is sad to hear that the Covid-19 vaccination is not free anymore in your country.

I think it is a setback and will affect the overall effectiveness of vaccination countrywide.

As I know even many other countries offer free vaccination but still many people there do not want to take the vaccines. Smile

Yes the situation is almost same here. People still make laugh on Covid-19 and don't accept it as a death decease. and never like to obey SOP's. 
and now 3rd wave is destroy many many families. but still no one like to be vaccinated. only 10% to 20% of population agreed to be vaccinated. majority is against it and think it is a big cause of spreading Covid-19.

RE: How effective are vaccines for stopping the spread of Covid 19 globally? - mzltest - 03-28-2021

Just had the first shot of vaccine and after the 30-minute oberserving period it's not too bad.We use the vero cell vaccine,which is the traditional type of vaccines.Security is verified as actually we are not the first batch receipents and the effientcy,as I mentioned before,is not as effective as mRNA vaccines but shall be around 80-90% after the two shots - yes ,we need two shots.

For the price,certainly,free.However though it's a voluntery basis but you always vaccined unless you have having a cold,suffered covid-19,having serious diseases,or something that is definitely not acceptable for vaccines.Of course,you need to be at least 18 yrs!

RE: How effective are vaccines for stopping the spread of Covid 19 globally? - deanhills - 03-28-2021

Today learned that scientists have discovered a brand-new Covid 19 variant in East Africa - Tanzania. They discovered it in Angola. Apparently those who arrive in Angola by air, are put into quarantine if tested positive. They then have to have two negative tests first before they are released. They discovered two cases with a brand-new variant and have submitted it to the WHO for further study. What makes it bad apparently is that this variant may be resistant to certain vaccines. The verdict is not completely out on this however and it's being tested for this presently.

https://www.wionews.com/world/coronavirus-variant-with-most-mutations-ever-found-in-travellers-from-tanzania-373619

RE: How effective are vaccines for stopping the spread of Covid 19 globally? - Sn1F3rt - 03-28-2021

(03-26-2021, 05:00 AM)fChk Wrote: Thanks!.. Hope you get yours soon :-)

Last Wednesday, I did get my second shot of the Oxford-AstraZeneka vaccine... Now I'm a holder of a vaccine passport, helpful mobility-wise...

Here the vaccine is being given age group-wise, at the moment only those who are 45 or older, or those who have some sort of disease can get their first dose of the vaccine. 

There's news that after 1st April the restriction will be removed and anyone will be able to get vaccinated. Let's see if that turns out to be true or another April fool lol. Tongue

RE: How effective are vaccines for stopping the spread of Covid 19 globally? - mzltest - 03-29-2021

(03-26-2021, 04:53 PM)Quote Wrote: As I know even many other countries offer free vaccination but still many people there do not want to take the vaccines. Smile
Yes.Though many people want to be vaccined here but not all the people intend to do so.At least in our school you need a provable reason for non-vaccining or age reason.Anyway when pronoting the vaccine they didn't mention it is still in public test phase(Though the official testing has finished).

RE: How effective are vaccines for stopping the spread of Covid 19 globally? - deanhills - 03-30-2021

You guys are lucky to have a choice of getting the vaccines.  In South Africa they have only vaccinated a percentage of health workers so far and one could say even it was "experimental" as Johnson & Johnson was first tested in South Africa.  The Johnson & Johnson vaccines to date have been free vaccines.  We received good news last night that more batches of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine (80,000 every two weeks) will be received from end of this month.  It will take a very VERY long while before any makes it my way.  Maybe the end of the year if we are lucky, and who knows what will have happened with the Covid variants. Lots can change.

What is quite humorous for me (well maybe not for those who receive it in the end), South Africa has only vaccinated a "drop in the ocean" number of its population - like total of vaccinations is 232,000 (out of 58 million people), however South Africa is now in the process of exporting all of its AstraZeneca vaccine supply to other countries in Africa.  Well, at least one can say there is no waste of the vaccine.  The vaccine had to be dropped as when it was tested there was a negative reaction in the elderly to it.  This created a great media backlash - and refusal by the population to use it.  Some scientists still stand by it saying that it is a good vaccine for very serious cases, but the vaccine has been rejected in overall by the Government because of the negative reaction.

RE: How effective are vaccines for stopping the spread of Covid 19 globally? - mzltest - 04-01-2021

(03-30-2021, 09:01 AM)deanhills Wrote: You guys are lucky to have a choice of getting the vaccines.  In South Africa they have only vaccinated a percentage of health workers so far and one could say even it was "experimental" as Johnson & Johnson was first tested in South Africa.  The Johnson & Johnson vaccines to date have been free vaccines.  We received good news last night that more batches of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine (80,000 every two weeks) will be received from end of this month.  It will take a very VERY long while before any makes it my way.  Maybe the end of the year if we are lucky, and who knows what will have happened with the Covid variants.  Lots can change.

What is quite humorous for me (well maybe not for those who receive it in the end), South Africa has only vaccinated a "drop in the ocean" number of its population - like total of vaccinations is 232,000 (out of 58 million people), however South Africa is now in the process of exporting all of its AstraZeneca vaccine supply to other countries in Africa.  Well, at least one can say there is no waste of the vaccine.  The vaccine had to be dropped as when it was tested there was a negative reaction in the elderly to it.  This created a great media backlash - and refusal by the population to use it.  Some scientists still stand by it saying that it is a good vaccine for very serious cases, but the vaccine has been rejected in overall by the Government because of the negative reaction.
The vaccine will only be useful when massive people get immuned to the virus and yes,who knows the protection is still available to new virus.Local media here also reported a new variant of virus imported that could affect the vaccine that gets public-wide used.And don't forget,we are using Vero vaccines rathet than the new mRNA vaccines,which means less protection to new variants.

The old here is not suggested to take the shot as the age range for this is 18 to 60.Maybe after enough reactions they will make the range wider.

And exporting the vaccined that the local people are needing....That sounds like what Minister of Foregin Affairs here would say.Just for the "international reputation".

RE: How effective are vaccines for stopping the spread of Covid 19 globally? - tiwil - 04-02-2021

(03-26-2021, 05:00 AM)fChk Wrote: Thanks!.. Hope you get yours soon :-)

Last Wednesday, I did get my second shot of the Oxford-AstraZeneka vaccine... Now I'm a holder of a vaccine passport, helpful mobility-wise...

Is there any side-effect you get from AstraZeneca's vaccine? We have two type of vaccine here, one is Sinovac from China and one is AstraZeneca. Many country reported that AstraZeneca can make blood clotting which is very bad. I don't read the article yet.

My lecturer already took the first shot of AstraZeneca. Until now they're fine and I hope all of them are fine after the second shot too. We, the student, will also get our vaccine before June so we can hold offline class again. I'm not too sure regarding this matter and will I really get the vaccine or not, but let's hope my body don't get any side-effect from the vaccine, including that blood clotting.