arrow_upward

Poll: Should a rule regarding quotes be introduced to combat problems with post quality and forum readability?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, such a rule should be introduced.
100.00%
No, such a rule is not necessary.
0%
Total
6 vote(s)
100%

* You voted for this item.

[ADDED] Large quotes are a problem!
@arsalahmed786  Removing the ability to quote is not the answer.  But if you can limit the size of the quote then that should solve the problem.  If someone could figure out how to program it that a quote can only be X length then it should solve all of the problem.  Also if they can program it with a friendly pop up message with a nice warning that only X words in a quote are allowed that will make it user-friendly.  

Remember.  We want to have happy members posting in the Forum.  We don't want to become too restrictive with Hitler type rules and regulations. Quotes are allowed at all other Forums.  If you turn it off that would just be another restriction that is counter productive for having a happy and relaxed community here.  You want them to post.  And you want them to come back and make more posts.  The more restrictions there are the less they will feel like making posts.

One of the reasons I came here is because you're relaxed and have just the right amount of rules for your average community member to be comfortable in making his/her posts. You also have the appearance of respecting your members regardless of the quality content of their posts.  I liked that as it made good sense for me.  I really thought that @Dynamo and his staff had found just the right recipe for a successful community. They were humble and saw things in realistic perspective. I don't want freevps.us to happen all over again.    The more rules that were created at FreeVPS Forum the more the staff began to see members as a growing source of annoyance to them. Like it was a given for that to happen - criticism attracts more criticism and you naturally grow into that moment when the staff see themselves completely removed from the members.   In the end it created an environment of "us - the great and very hard working unappreciated staff" vs "the members - who for the bigger part are a nuisance and difficult to manage".  Don't let that happen to post4vps.com.  

This is a good Forum.  Keep it as it is and if changes need to be made to the quotes, program them in.  Don't take things away.  The effect it had on me when you took my ability away to see the number of posts has already been negative.  Like I felt diminished by that.  What made it worse was when I didn't receive a formal response to my suggestion to enable that for hosted members only.  So my comment isn't valued either.  I'm the "public" and not a valued member of post4vps.  

Quote:We, Staff of Post4VPS Forum has decided to restrict the access of this list
since it comsumes very much resources of the Forum Host,
Thats why it won't be available for the Public use for now.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
Large quotes are a problem! - by Mashiro - 08-10-2018, 10:11 AM
RE: Large quotes are a problem! - by tiwil - 08-10-2018, 10:48 AM
RE: Large quotes are a problem! - by Mashiro - 08-10-2018, 10:52 AM
RE: Large quotes are a problem! - by Vuluts - 08-10-2018, 11:09 AM
RE: Large quotes are a problem! - by deanhills - 08-10-2018, 04:04 PM
RE: Large quotes are a problem! - by tryp4vps - 08-10-2018, 06:17 PM
RE: Large quotes are a problem! - by Mashiro - 08-10-2018, 08:55 PM
RE: Large quotes are a problem! - by tryp4vps - 08-11-2018, 05:56 PM
RE: Large quotes are a problem! - by deanhills - 08-11-2018, 03:57 PM
RE: Large quotes are a problem! - by deanhills - 08-15-2018, 11:03 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting