arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AWS from deployment to launch
(06-16-2021, 03:18 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: Upon even more research, I have findings! So CloudFront, Amazon's CDN works in conjunction with the LoadBalancer to help serve static images, CSS and JS. The load balancer however, is for hardware management. So we currently have our EC2 here in the United States, located in Ohio, and we are now looking at an EC2 in the UK. What happens with the load balancer is depending on your location, it will route you to the EC2 instance that is closest to your IP address. Both instances are EXACT mirrors of each other, but the hardware is localized and the Load Balancer shifts you off on to what it believes is the best instance for your location.

Nice research and findings! So, if both instances are EXACT mirrors of each other, then it sounds like not only static images, CSS and JS are cached.

But I am not very sure.

Still look forward to hearing from you when you go to the next step, how good AWS load balancer can actually perform for your project. Smile

(06-19-2021, 09:59 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: Nice research and findings! So, if both instances are EXACT mirrors of each other, then it sounds like not only static images, CSS and JS are cached.

But I am not very sure.

Still look forward to hearing from you when you go to the next step, how good AWS load balancer can actually perform for your project. Smile

Yes, currently I have not implemented into our stack, but I have all of our images and assets deployed into a S3 storage bucket and our database has been transferred to a RDS (Remote Database Storage), so we will be able to scale and add in things like the load balancer, additional S3 buckets, CDNs and other optimization features.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
Yup for high bandwidth static pages it is great. But managing all AWS services needs a team. For services like a small portal or web app, it is much better and cheap to use cloud services. They are somehow upgradable.
But when you consider the all in one platform you have really little alternative.
Thank you to post4vps and HostDare for my awesome VPS 12!
Check My first ever opensource project Alpana Blood Donation Drive .
(06-21-2021, 03:00 AM)debjit Wrote: Yup for high bandwidth static pages it is great. But managing all AWS services needs a team. For services like a small portal or web app, it is much better and cheap to use cloud services. They are somehow upgradable.
But when you consider the all in one platform you have really little alternative.

I think that is the goal long term, we will be hiring more team members as the business grows (we are a startup), but we have to get our sales and revenue up.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
(06-21-2021, 01:52 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: I think that is the goal long term, we will be hiring more team members as the business grows (we are a startup), but we have to get our sales and revenue up.

Yes, you are on the right track. The startup is a very attractive project. Lamda is a very powerful but cheap alternative as serverless. But the bandwidth is really costly at AWS. I am thinking to give AWS a try.
Thank you to post4vps and HostDare for my awesome VPS 12!
Check My first ever opensource project Alpana Blood Donation Drive .
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting