arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any experience with SliTaz?
I was searching today on Smallest linux distros with gui on google and got this handy distro slitaz!
Its size is just 50 MB! It has a GUI too!
I have not tried it till now but before trying I just hopped here to ask if anyone have tried it or not
and if yes then give me suggestions regarding it..... 

I read about it that its small but has strong security
Quote:SliTaz is a full in-memory Linux designed to launch from CD-ROM or USB key. It's small, only about 50MB, but has the ability to provide strong security capabilities and can be installed in a base system or a stripped-down X environment.

-zdnet

Seems Interseting..... I am going to try it right now....anyone else have a recommendation then plz reply below Smile

Hey need I help!
I installed SliTaz on Virtual Box but It just gave me a terminal like this
[Image: Virtual-Box-Sli-Taz-19-07-2020-15-19-23.png]

Why I didn't got the GUI ?
Is this a error or I am missing something?
thnx in adv!

This was the steps which I used to install slitaz on virtualbox:
Step-1: Downloading latest distro of slitaz from its website
Step-2: Opened Up Virtual box and then clicked on new and selected linux in type and version as Linux 2.6/3.x/4.x (32-bit)
Step-3: As usual creating discs, etc
Step-4: Loaded up the iso file on the first boot

That's all! Once it opened It asked for language and the type which I want to install like slitaz live, slitaz core live, etc
And then ended up as shown above in the pic! Sad
Terminal
Thankyou Post4VPS, @Pacific Spirit (Hostlease) for a Free VPS!
+
Thankyou to @Neoon for a Free NanoKVM VPS
troubleshooting graphical user interface problems...

http://doc.slitaz.org/en:guides:xorg-xvesa

installation methods..

http://doc.slitaz.org/en:handbook:installation

now we need more information on how you installed and whether you tried the live cd first.

edit.. tiny core linux is the smallest i think. but very functional.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
This is what is showing when running that command on the first link..... Its not able to open display still!
[Image: image.png]
Terminal
+
@Amresh

you didn't tell us about your installation steps. and the options you chose. You also need to tell us about the hardware configuration and virtualbox version etc. whenever you want others to even try to help you, always try to write about your problems and related things in as much detail as possible (without being needlessly wordy if that can be helped).

you could try to troubleshoot by hardware detection. whether it has recognised your gpu and whether it is giving graphical interface in live cd mode.

next you could check in all the packages necessary are there in the installation.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(07-20-2020, 09:31 PM)rudra Wrote: @Amresh

you didn't tell us about your installation steps. and the options you chose. You also need to tell us about the hardware configuration and virtualbox version etc. whenever you want others to even try to help you, always try to write about your problems and related things in as much detail as possible (without being needlessly wordy if that can be helped).

you could try to troubleshoot by hardware detection. whether it has recognised your gpu and whether it is giving graphical interface in live cd mode.

next you could check in all the packages necessary are there in the installation.

No no bro..... I didn't stated that It fixed (srry)....
I download a preinstalled .vdi which had the slitaz v3 already installed and when I booted it on virtualbox then it ran fine....

But still when I tried to install the main iso setups it didn't worked fine......
And I think I have added whatever I did in installation in the first post of this thread Wink
Terminal
+
I did try SliTaz before. It was over one year ago I think.

But I did not try its GUI. What I wanted from this SliTaz was its small size, so I believe I did not really need any GUI at all. Smile

Anyway my overall impression of this linux distro was great. From what I can still remember, its terminal was stable and also sufficiently powerful.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-13-2016, 04:40 AM
Last Post: maroon93

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting