arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else have issues with Firefox lack of speed lately?
I'm not getting the greatest of internet speed at my new address in Canada, but quite OK for what I need.  Internet in Canada is VERY expensive, so I found a cheap package that also included 5 TV Channels for streaming.  This is my speed:

[Image: 8370369731.png]

Ever since being at my address for the last week I've found Firefox notably slower, like it will come and go.  But more often than not it drags to upload the page, and sometimes times out.

However, with Chrome I don't have a problem.  

For example, specifically for this post, I created it in Fox, however it didn't want to submit, and when it did submit, the speed test dot.png image didn't want to show. Then when I moved to Chrome to complete the post, I found it fast, very responsive and I could see the speedtest image.

So I'm just wondering whether this is a global Firefox issue and others are having the same issue currently.  Could it be that my speed is iffy by Canadian standards, and Firefox is using more resources than Chrome?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Looks like it is only for you. Maybe there is something in your system? Unwanted plugins? Or plugins that are stored in your Firefox after being disabled and you forgot to remove them? Too much cache?
Any specific extension/addon/plugin that sucks a lot of bandwidth every time you visit a web page? If you've been using them since a quite long, did you update the plugin? Try to recall if this is happening after updating the plugin?
Any unwanted program/application in your PC? Anything that is related to Firefox?

The reason why Chrome is working well is because of its faster cache mechanism as well as your stable Internet connection.
It took me around 2 seconds to instantly load this page and even the speedtest image was opened quickly(with Firefox).

Let's see others if they've got the same problem.
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
I also have to say its you,

i personaly am rocket fast with my firefox.
i would suggest to check on installed addons that slows down firefox.
Firefox works fine for me, hell, Its my daily driver. Though my speed is not even close to yours ofcourse, but I don't face any major issues. You could try reinstalling firefox completely if you haven't tried it already.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
i have a guess here. I faced similar issues and used commandline tools to detect if the browsers are managing the connections differently. I saw a couple of different udp connections for chrome on those tests. Didn't explore further after that. But later chanced upon QUIC.

Here is my guess...

May be chrome is using QUIC and your provider has less load or/and restriction on the UDP ports. Hence faster speed when using QUIC.

QUIC is a newer protocol over UDP that is working wonders for sites like youtube.

here you can read more, apart from wikipedia etc..

https://blog.chromium.org/2013/06/experi...c.html?m=1

https://brave.com/quic-in-the-wild/

as of now, FireFox lacks implementation (wikipedia).

Just a guess.

I am sure HR will inform us more on the probable causes.

EDIT.

I see that only commercial litespeed, google, go implementation and caddy have server implementation of QUIC.

So now it seems i dunno how to explain the time this site takes on firefox when you press submit.

another guess....is it the google adverts and services that this site uses that is causing this ? those use quic on chrome to load faster but not on ff ?

lol.

no idea

EDIT2:>

you could do a test yourself. Use chrome after disabling quic and compare with the performance when it was enabled.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
Check if the hardware acceleration is on. Sometimes it can cause issues with speed in Firefox. Go to Preferences > General > Performance to take a look at it. Do it both disable and restart and see the result and do one enabled and then restart and see it again. See if this speeds the browser up.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
Thanks for the feedback @Kururin. My hardware acceleration was on. Have unchecked it. Hopefully Fox will be more consistent with its speed now. Thanks for the tip. Cool
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting