Problems activating your account? Send notification email to: admin@post4vps.com
Host4Fun Budget VPS Hosting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone knows any free, slow, node.js app VPS/hosting?
Anyone knows any VPS/hosting for node.js? I'm running a REALLY simple node.js app that is supposed to run 24/7, and is really only consuming 30MB of RAM most of the time. The script only connects to a game server and performs some actions, nothing really complicated, but required to keep the server alive. Searched on Google, only results for web hosting, but I want hosting for a regular node.js app...
Heroku, Redhat Open Shift and other similar services offer free plans that include Node.JS and many other things.

Anyway check this site: https://www.quora.com/Where-can-I-host-a...p-for-free

It might be helpful?
Kind regards
Hidden Refuge

Thanks a lot for the free VPS 16 Post4VPS & HostLease!
I actually found this page before -- checked out Heroku, it seems it's not 24/7, and have an hour limit, so I cannot make a reliable server there (this server NEEDS to be 24/7 at all times), and RedHat OpenShift is only for small companies, and I'm an individual (who isn't even of legal age yet!) so I cannot register on there. I checked out all of the providers that didn't do web hosting and instead VPS or cloud services, and wasn't trials, but some of them didn't accept registrations because their site was bugged, and some required to enter my credit card details (again -- because I'm not of legal age yet, I don't have a credit card), so I couldn't register there either.

Do you have any more recommendations?
First of all, I think this thread should not belong to VPS support subforum. @perryoo11, @TrK, @arsalahmed or others please move this thread if my opinion is true.

(08-08-2019, 01:27 PM)kbartek Wrote:  I actually found this page before -- checked out Heroku, it seems it's not 24/7, and have an hour limit, so I cannot make a reliable server there (this server NEEDS to be 24/7 at all times)

There is a tweak on this, when you signup your application on Heroku, it gives you access to panel and other, right? Then you also get the Heroku URL to access your app right? That's one thing you're going to play with.

Open up Uptime Robot, signup and do other mainstream things. Then, you add your app URL to Uptime Robot. It will PING your application every 5 minutes. This tweak is currently working, as Heroku's limit is 15 minutes inactivity, while Uptime Robot PING every 5 minutes. This mean, your application should be up 24/7, unless there's a problem on Uptime Robot or Heroku itself.
Thanks to HostDoc and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
Give me questions I can't answer not answers I can't question. - Richard Feynman
Wasn't there an hour limit every month, something like 200 hours, or am I mistaken? I read something about "dyno hours" whatever that is Tongue Also, is https://uptimerobot.com/ the website you are talking about?

EDIT:
I'm talking about this: https://devcenter.heroku.com/changelog-items/907
Nevermind, IBM Cloud login worked on Internet Explorer (actually first time something worked on IE but not other browsers!). The issue was that the country list was no showing up but it was an required field. Shame on you, WebKit! Tongue
Heroku have an auto sleep feature and will run the script again when it detect visitor and that mean the visitor when it sleep need to wait for the script to start

another solution is to get free tier of cloud service like aws,gxp,etc but it require credit card or get free vps from this forum no credit required and it will work 100000x better than auto sleep heroku
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Hello,
I used a site before called codeanywhere, it was limited but i got awesome experience from it (i was trying some installations in it)
Link:. https://codeanywhere.com/
Gimme +rep Heart
[Image: img.php?userid=496]
Thanks For Post4VPS and HostLease for the amazing VPS 18
(08-10-2019, 01:11 PM)youssefbasha Wrote:  Hello,
I used a site before called codeanywhere, it was limited but i got awesome experience from it (i was trying some installations in it)
Link:. https://codeanywhere.com/

codeanywhere is a paid service.
and does not meet the requirements as op states.
Moved thread from the VPS Support Forum to a Forum that is closer to the content of the topic.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my incredible VPS 9!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NanoKVM | Free NAT KVM | Multiple Locations Neoon 130 6,090 Yesterday, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Neoon
  FREE VPS 3 locations by LNB-Hosting from HostLease. Pacific Spirit 13 1,494 08-22-2019, 12:24 AM
Last Post: deanhills
  Free VPS Hosting @ FreeVPSClub! IEpicDestroyer 44 19,275 08-19-2019, 06:39 PM
Last Post: perryoo11
  [NOTE: VPSs DISCONTINUED MARCH 2019] GigaRocket back in free post4host VPS business! deanhills 35 3,264 03-21-2019, 12:56 PM
Information ! FloatVPS - Free VPS FOREVER!! FloatVPS 50 4,769 03-19-2019, 09:28 PM