arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPS 9 - List of Supported OSes
If you are a holder of a VPS 9, you know very well that it is a unmanaged VPS without panel.
You don't know which OSes can be installed, so the aim of this thread is provided a list of POSSIBLE supported OSes on VPS 9 by VirMach.
Why POSSIBLE?
  • A provider can update its set of template anytime and the staff can't keep it updated easily, so use it as a reference.
** WAITING FOR EDIT **
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
@LightDestory

Following is a list of available templates through the Admin Panel.

BUT and a BIG BUT - we've learned that the only really successful OS for VPS 9 after the upgrade to KVM has been CentOS 7 and earlier.  Debian 8 is OK.  For any of the other OS's it is never easy.  And you really need to be a well qualified VPS user with lots of experience to make it work. Ubuntu templates don't work. You've got that experience too.

PLEASE don't experiment with new OS in VPS 9, as that puts a great burden on Admin. Also note that Admin support at Virmach has come to an almost halt during the Corona Epidemic. There will be no support for the VPS if anything goes wrong and has to be fixed by Virmach and you may lose the use of your VPS.

[Image: fC4SPdB.png]
[Image: MP63P2w.png]

I'm going to close this topic as I don't want to see a discussion here that has already been repeated in so many other topics about VPS 9 and templates.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting