arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Ever SSD Benchmark Tool
(07-13-2021, 07:24 AM)Mashiro Wrote: I would simply stay away from all "China" SSDs. They're made from bad quality lowend flash chips and controllers. Bascially they use hardware from SSD manufacturers that has been deemed low quality / broken and thus is not used to make a SSD or another product out of it. So these cheap China companies use these bad flash chips to create SSDs and sell them for cheap. They're really bad though. Many dead on arrival. A lot dying quickly after little use. The speeds are horrible. The controllers on such SSDs are usually also total trash (which contributes to the overall negative expereince). It's about as trashy as it gets. There is a reason why the flash chips were deemed unfit/unsafe for productional use.

I'm curious about @mzltest input on this!..

@mzltest
Any Chinese SSD brand to recommend?.. It's hard to believe that there isn't any!?..

Okay!.. Rogue Chinese brands with bad quality products are easy to flag and dismiss.. They are generally exporting their 'trash' to 3rd-world countries, where quality assurances are quasi non-existing, selling them there at unrealistically low prices.. to entice the gullible. BUT there must exist few reputable Chinese SSD brands!...

If not!.. then I would conclude that the technology transfer (1) isn't yet there...

-------
(1)- Understand by that term, any means through which knowledge (technical knowledge in this case) is gathered... be it legally or illegally, in terms of (largely Western-dictated hence biased) international law.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
(07-15-2021, 11:28 AM)fChk Wrote: Okay!.. Rogue Chinese brands with bad quality products are easy to flag and dismiss.. They are generally exporting their 'trash' to 3rd-world countries, where quality assurances are quasi non-existing, selling them there at unrealistically low prices.. to entice the gullible. BUT there must exist few reputable Chinese SSD brands!...

This is what I would consider as "China SSDs". The bad quality and ultra cheap products. There are simply way too many of them out there. So I don't even know of a truly Chinese branded good product. At least in the cheap segment you can barely find anything else than those China SSDs.

I have a TC-SUNBOW 480 GB SSD model: X3-480GB. I rarely use it though but it didn't fail, yet. I even used it once in a PS4. However the speeds of course are more or less like SATA II. Still faster than HDDs in some / most cases though. It simply lacks the trust to be put into real productional use.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(07-13-2021, 06:37 AM)fChk Wrote: I agree!.. But not only that, I would also advise against buying second-hand SSD devices. SSD devices, unlike HDDs, degrade faster especially when not used carefully : it's generally advised to always keep sufficient free space on SSDs to keep the Write Amplification Factor (WAF) as low as possible.

Don't know about the WAF?... Read this for more:
Do SSDs Degrade Over Time?

Yes ! are right. but not really if you belong to Pakistan / India / Bangladesh etc. So i try to describe the reason why System pulled SSD is much better then any new one. 
All new SSD's came here from china. however it is Samsung or Kingston or SanDisk. all are specially made with low quality for these countries due to low market prices. 
at the other side the system pulled SSD's are specially made for branded systems which shipped from UK / USA. and those SSD's passed many survival tests. and long live and gives you more better results on random sq test read write. after an years. even more better then a new one like Laxer, kingdian, Kingston, etc ..
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
(07-16-2021, 06:32 AM)sagher Wrote: Yes ! are right. but not really if you belong to Pakistan / India / Bangladesh etc. So i try to describe the reason why System pulled SSD is much better then any new one. 
All new SSD's came here from china. however it is Samsung or Kingston or SanDisk. all are specially made with low quality for these countries due to low market prices. 
at the other side the system pulled SSD's are specially made for branded systems which shipped from UK / USA. and those SSD's passed many survival tests. and long live and gives you more better results on random sq test read write. after an years. even more better then a new one like Laxer, kingdian, Kingston, etc ..

I undesrstand your reasoning there, but you should pay attention to the part that said:
(07-13-2021, 06:37 AM)fChk Wrote: I agree!.. But not only that, I would also advise against buying second-hand SSD devices. SSD devices, unlike HDDs, degrade faster especially when not used carefully : it's generally advised to always keep sufficient free space on SSDs to keep the Write Amplification Factor (WAF) as low as possible.

SSDs not properly used during operations wears off quickly due to high WAF values. It's a side-effect of how SSD technology works... check  Do SSDs Degrade Over Time – Part 2 on how that works.

Thus buying highly reputable second-hand SSD device brand doesn't guarantee you a decently functioning SSD if it was used carelessly in its previous 1/2/3/.. years  of operations... You can, indeed, stumble upon a decent SSD that's still able to deliver a decent performance... BUT I expect it to be the exception rather than the rule...

Hence why I advised against buying second-hand SSD devices where ever you're located..

(07-15-2021, 11:33 AM)Mashiro Wrote: I have a TC-SUNBOW 480 GB SSD model: X3-480GB. I rarely use it though but it didn't fail, yet. I even used it once in a PS4. However the speeds of course are more or less like SATA II. Still faster than HDDs in some / most cases though. It simply lacks the trust to be put into real productional use.

Thanks for that input @Mashiro

I've just run a search on that TC-SUNBOW X3 model, nothing interesting came up except:
> random Reddit discussions on it, like these ones:
https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/commen...od_or_bad/
https://www.reddit.com/r/thinkpad/commen...ssd_brand/
> a Youtube video casting doubt about the company itself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNXertLCQ-Q
> a listing of TC-SUNBOW products on newegg.com
https://www.newegg.com/TC-SUNBOW/BrandStore/ID-206804
etc...

Not one professional review of any products of their products though... Thus it would seem that you're right in not trusting it with your data!
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting