arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beware! PHP 8 may break old WP Themes!
(05-09-2021, 09:42 PM)deanhills Wrote: Thanks for the feedback @sagher.  Funny side of it however is when my old theme became extinct  I spent an hour or more searching for a new theme and found one that was much nicer, modern, more efficient and really motivated me to overhaul the Website.  Next thing I knew I was rearranging pages, adding new content and am now much happier with my Website than I had been before.  So this sad story had a good ending.  It motivated me to improve my efforts.

@deanhills

I really like to see your page. and seriously get some ideas to make a project for me also. 
but one thing. i am so beginner to do it. always fear for messup my container. already i smell when fail to do some things and open a thread already. hope you see it. 
for PHP 8.0 as my opinion we need  latest OS too to get maximum advantages. because php works with bunch or packages.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
(05-10-2021, 10:34 AM)sagher Wrote: @deanhills

I really like to see your page. and seriously get some ideas to make a project for me also. 
but one thing. i am so beginner to do it. always fear for messup my container. already i smell when fail to do some things and open a thread already. hope you see it. 
for PHP 8.0 as my opinion we need  latest OS too to get maximum advantages. because php works with bunch or packages.

I think that is when Docker deployment comes in handy, with my CMS I've been considering dockerizing it, that way folks with a VPS or other means of CLI hosting would be able to deploy the package with docker and all of the dependencies are bundled and ready to go.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
(05-10-2021, 01:21 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: I think that is when Docker deployment comes in handy, with my CMS I've been considering dockerizing it, that way folks with a VPS or other means of CLI hosting would be able to deploy the package with docker and all of the dependencies are bundled and ready to go.

YES!.. That's what Docker was created for!.. Software portability: building an application with all its runtime dependencies into a container.

What we used to do -and I'm still doing it to avoid Docker's overhead- is just compile a local version of the software with all the needed options; that way one can control the running software version independently of the one available on the system.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
(05-11-2021, 10:53 PM)fChk Wrote: YES!.. That's what Docker was created for!.. Software portability: building an application with all its runtime dependencies into a container.

What we used to do -and I'm still doing it to avoid Docker's overhead- is just compile a local version of the software with all the needed options; that way one can control the running software version independently of the one available on the system.

Yes! I’ve got a CMS platform I’ve created for work and I need to make it scalable and easy to update, so this next iteration will be adapting PHP 8.0.6 and migrating it to a docker hub/network that I can point a sub domain to.

@deanhills as for Wordpress I believe they have some nightly builds being released for the core, themes and plugins through their website or will have documentation about the next release (presumably Wordpress 6) development process
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
(05-12-2021, 01:31 AM)tbelldesignco Wrote: Yes! I’ve got a CMS platform I’ve created for work and I need to make it scalable and easy to update, so this next iteration will be adapting PHP 8.0.6 and migrating it to a docker hub/network that I can point a sub domain to.

Making your project available as a docker image/container will certainly make it more appealing to a certain class of users. So YES!.. That's a smart move!..
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting