arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the best free cPanel alternatives?
Greetings,

I’ve done a lot of research. However, I’ve struggled to find a decent cPanel alternative that’s free. The majority lack many features. Some are more of server management panels rather than web hosting panels.

I’ve stumbled upon VestaCP. But it doesn’t let you set a custom path to your domain (which proves to be an issue using some software). It also has so really bad mobile and small screen optimization.

Any ideas on what’s a good alternative that’s free?

Thank you!
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
Check Cyberpanel, Fastpanel, Sentora, CWPISPConfig, TinyCP, Floxlor & KeyHelp.
I agree. There isn't a viable alternative to cpanel. So instead of trying to find something that works like cpanel, probably better to focus on doing what needs to be done from the command line. Command line is much more secure as well.

Having said the above though, in practice I'm using VestaCP. I haven't used any software that has come up with the issue in the OP though. The DNS of my domains seem to be propagating as they should, most of the time.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
There is none if you talk about familiarity. Cpanel is the most familiar web panel but the cost is quite expensive espescially with new pricing model

but if you like to learn a bit and get the learning curve other panel exist like vestacp and ehcp just to name a few

But for me the best is to learn cli and forget panel altogether to save cost and resources bit that isn meveryone choice
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
There is no good alternative of Cpanel and i think you should be trying to manage your $$ and try to get cpanel license but if still want to try another panel i would prefer VestCp over other panels.
(10-31-2019, 05:51 PM)Decent12 Wrote: There is no good alternative of Cpanel and i think you should be trying to manage your $$ and try to get cpanel license but if still want to try another panel i would prefer VestCp over other panels.

What do you mean by there is no good alternative to cPanel??
(10-31-2019, 05:58 PM)AmirGT Wrote: What do you mean by there is no good alternative to cPanel??
isn't its clear enough?
i meant there is no control panel with features of Cpanel and no control panel can provide security like CPanel and there is some security loopholes in vestaCP as well.
Of course because cPanel is expensive so it should have more features, but on the other side there are some good panels that do the job too, check my comment above to see them.
(10-29-2019, 06:08 PM)AmirGT Wrote: Check Cyberpanel, Fastpanel, Sentora, CWPISPConfig, TinyCP, Floxlor & KeyHelp.

Woah! That’s a lot of alternatives! I’ve already tried sentora and it doesn’t support the latest version of ubuntu server. I’ll have a look at the rest.

(10-31-2019, 08:33 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: There is none if you talk about familiarity. Cpanel is the most familiar web panel but the cost is quite expensive espescially with new pricing model

but if you like to learn a bit and get the learning curve other panel exist like vestacp and ehcp just to name a few

But for me the best is to learn cli and forget panel altogether to save cost and resources bit that isn meveryone choice

I personally prefer doing everything through the command line. However, I need this for a friend who barely has any CLI experience let alone knowledge. So i hope you understand why I’m looking for a web panel.

Edit:

I just looked at cyberpanel and it looks amazing! Will definitely give it a try!
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
(11-01-2019, 07:23 AM)ikk157 Wrote: I personally prefer doing everything through the command line. However, I need this for a friend who barely has any CLI experience let alone knowledge. So i hope you understand why I’m looking for a web panel.
In that case I'll recommend WEBUZO. It's obviously not in the same league as cpanel, but WEBUZO comes from Softaculous and security is actively administrated. There is also a support forum and tickets available if you run into any problems. You can get a free version but I'd recommend the paid version of 25USD per year. That comes with all of the softaculous scripts. It's not the same as cpanel, but it's more user friendly for a beginner than something like VestaCP. Only trick is to make sure you start with a minimal version of the OS as conflicts may occur if you install the WEBUZO script over a full version of the OS. Particularly with Apache.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
01-30-2021, 06:56 AM
Last Post: Honey

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting