arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
[CLOSED] 34th Giveaway
(07-20-2018, 04:19 PM)IEpicDestroyer Wrote: VPS 3 is decent and the location is prefect for me.  The only reason I don't want VPS 12 (not that I'll win anyway) is that the restriction of no game servers is inconvenience but I have to respect the rules, if they don't want to deal with it, they shouldn't deal with it.  I get to try out a new host anyway, which is nice!

I think you can choose VPS with RAM above 4GB for Game server But I Complete With Proxy For Minecraft Server
Terminal
Solo Developer
VPS11 and VPS12 quite massive. Those are some juicy servers for those who run game servers. Even though no control panel, once you get everything up and running you rarely need a control panel. Restarts and stuff can be done through ssh. But do they allow game servers ?

But when you compare everything and all purposes VPS3 take the cake. If you do testings about Lniux or web hosting then you do need a panel. It's a headache for everyone contacting staff everytime you need a OS reload.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Missed out a VPS 1 due to busy time last month. Was short of 2 posts. Forgot the task and now have to make everything back even win a VPS.
Seems there are better VPSs in the give away.

Thank you  Sweet

(07-22-2018, 01:48 AM)Littlemaster Wrote: Missed out a VPS 1 due to busy time last month. Was short of 2 posts. Forgot the task and now have to make everything back even win a VPS.  
Seems there are better VPSs in the give away.

That sux. But these days you should make sure you have your post quota is done before end of the month. Its quite hard to get a good vps from give away since there aren't many left. Only way to grab one is when someone loose a server for not doing post quote. xD

unfortunately no high end vps this time . the most powerful one is VPS 12 but it have game server restriction . but it will be fine for just hosting your website and 2GB of ram is alot and beat almost all shared hosting also with those 120GB ssd for free instead of paying extreme amont of money for shared hosting with that amount of storage

the only drawbacks is lacks of cpanel . for most people it hard but for me i already getting used to terminal that i really dont need cpanel at all . but there are alternative like vestacp , kloxo , etc .

if you want to host a game server you can try the VPS 1 or VPS 3. VPS 3 have more bandwidth but it is OpenVZ virtualization . the most noticeable differences is openVZ run on OS level virtualization so the kernel follow the host kernel and for now openVZ unfortunately only support linux kernel 2.6 which is kinda obsolete and some package already dropped support . docker is an example and why i cannot use pterodactyl on my VPS 9 that have openVZ . i used pufferpanel instead . it is sh*t but its the only option

KVM on the other hand is a lower level virtualization than openVZ and you can run any kernel that you want . you can even run windows but sadly VPS 1 didnt allow using windows . but who cares about windows . linux is much better for server anyway . it is kinda unfamiliar to use but you probably get used to it eventually
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
@humanpuff69

When they say no panel they are talking about VPS control panel not web hosing panel. Installing a free web hosting panel is not something hard. But it's very painful when you can reinstall your vps as you want and when you want. That's the main downside of those 2 servers.

(07-21-2018, 03:07 AM)chanalku91 Wrote: I think you can choose VPS with RAM above 4GB for Game server But I Complete With Proxy For Minecraft Server

Depends on your usage, light usage doesn't really need all of that, bit of a overkill, it's only when you have a decent amount of people online, that's when you have to start looking at how much memory you'll be needing for the server otherwise it'll crash or use a lot of the slow swap...
(07-23-2018, 06:22 PM)xdude Wrote: But it's very painful when you can reinstall your vps as you want and when you want. That's the main downside of those 2 servers.

Nah, that's true. I really don't like VPS that don't have panel right now xD. Because I need to contact admin and wait. Like now, they're really busy, if someone done anything wrong and need reinstalling. I don't know, haha. Maybe they still have time but not much.

But for more faster work, I want to reinstall it by myself instead of asking someone to do it.
(07-23-2018, 06:22 PM)xdude Wrote: @humanpuff69

When they say no panel they are talking about VPS control panel not web hosing panel. Installing a free web hosting panel is not something hard. But it's very painful when you can reinstall your vps as you want and when you want. That's the main downside of those 2 servers.
For me the greatest downside of not having a VPS control panel is one can't reinstall the OS.  That is about the only reason I'd use the panel for.  Some VPS control panels like the one I have at HostUS is also excellent with how they work the password changes, but most of those functions can be done through the command line.  Would be great if the host of the VPS that can't offer a control panel, offer the ability to reinstall the OS in the command line - although I can realistically imagine that wouldn't be possible.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
@deanhills

Yes. That's the main problem of not having a vps control panel. We can get done all in ssh but I don't know how to do OS installation. There might be a way but I don't think it's simple and easy as one button click thing at VPS panel.

lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
 [CLOSED] 70th Giveaway
07-06-2021, 08:05 AM
Last Post: deanhills
 [CLOSED] 69th Giveaway
06-15-2021, 12:15 AM
 [CLOSED] 68th Giveaway
05-07-2021, 03:25 PM
 [CLOSED] 67th Giveaway
04-07-2021, 09:56 PM
 [CLOSED] 66th Giveaway
03-22-2021, 05:36 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting