arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CLOSED] 40th Giveaway
Great giveaway to start an year, everyone can grab a good VPS. I am currently happy with my VPS, so not applying this time, all the best to everyone. Thanks to post4vps.

Thank you  Sweet

(01-08-2019, 06:41 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: As far as I know, there is no DDoS protection built-in for VPS 9.

Although I agree with you (my instincts say the same) I checked Virmach's Website.  They say the Ddos protection comes for free and is automatically included.
https://virmach.com/cheap-ddos-protected...ndows-vps/
Quote:DDoS Protection comes standard in all of our plans located in Buffalo, NY.

However, possibly it's a standard type of DDoS protection that most hosts have anyway.

At any rate, I'm almost tempted to apply for this VPS 9 myself, considering it seems to be a location that is singled out for extra ddos protection. The IP is also faster than my Phoenix VPS 9, i.e. my ISP works faster with Buffalo than Phoenix.

@youssefbasha  If you're interested in VPS 9 I recommend that you read the Virmach Acceptable Use Policy (it's easy to read and Virmach is very specific about what is acceptable or not - particularly with high CPU and high load use)
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Good luck to everyone who gonna apply for new giveaway thanks p4v and all sponsors for keep growing the p4v community
thank you post4vps and  racknerd for wonderful vps3  Heart

(01-07-2019, 05:10 PM)youssefbasha Wrote: Wow!
VPS 9 is available Smile
Just a small question, VPS 9 have a ddos protection? And if i applied for vps 9 and lost will my current vps will be revoked?

if im not wrong only some location have ddos protection in virmach datacenter . Yes your current vps will be revoked if you win vps 9 but they will give you a chance to backup your file
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(01-09-2019, 09:27 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: if im not wrong only some location have ddos protection in virmach datacenter .
You are correct. It's the Buffalo Location.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
i think people should know that big spec vps is not necessary unless you are going to run a full blown desktop or like really busy and heavy website ( but then such a website would have enough to invest in buying premium hosting solution). i think all the vps on offer are really great and they are much better than all the other kinds of free hosting solutions out there if you are willing to walk a bit extra and shoulder the burden of managing the technical aspects on your own. good luck everyone.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
Wow, VPS 9 is back on the game. I am good with my VPS 1 so I don't really look forward to it. Hope it will be grabbed by someone qualified Smile
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
(01-10-2019, 04:44 AM)rudra Wrote: i think people should know that big spec vps is not necessary unless you are going to run a full blown desktop or like really busy and heavy website ( but then such a website would have enough to invest in buying premium hosting solution). i think all the vps on offer are really great and they are much better than all the other kinds of free hosting solutions out there if you are willing to walk a bit extra and shoulder the burden of managing the technical aspects on your own. good luck everyone.

For low traffic website low end vps is good enough you can even run lot of them but big spec vps is useful for people that want to run game server because game server eat lot of resource espescially minecraft that eat lot of ram
Terminal
(01-12-2019, 01:50 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: For low traffic website low end vps is good enough you can even run lot of them but big spec vps is useful for people that want to run game server because game server eat lot of resource espescially minecraft that eat lot of ram

yes. thank you for supporting my point here.

i would like to add a little further. the word 'low' does not do justice here. freevps dot us runs on a really low spec vps. would you consider the traffic low...

my point is it takes a lot of traffic or a fairly resource intensive bulky website to outgrow even the basic vps offered here if you are going to use it for webhosting.

thank you very much.

hiddenrefuge could give a more elaborate statistics here.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(01-12-2019, 06:56 AM)rudra Wrote: yes. thank you for supporting my point here.

i would like to add a little further. the word 'low' does not do justice here. freevps dot us runs on a really low spec vps. would you consider the traffic low...

my point is it takes a lot of traffic or a fairly resource intensive bulky website to outgrow even the basic vps offered here if you are going to use it for webhosting.

thank you very much.

hiddenrefuge could give a more elaborate statistics here.
Traffic is only one of the factor . The code that you run spesifically the php code that you run can also affect the performance and also most site use cdn like cloudflare than can help server load . If what you run is just hello world a really low spec vps probably can hande really lot of traffic 

most big sites use not only php and they use code that is computationally heavy like artificial intelegence to determine personalization but for website like forum it probably doesnt have that kind of heavy computational thingy
Terminal
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
 [CLOSED] 70th Giveaway
07-06-2021, 08:05 AM
Last Post: deanhills
 [CLOSED] 69th Giveaway
06-15-2021, 12:15 AM
 [CLOSED] 68th Giveaway
05-07-2021, 03:25 PM
 [CLOSED] 67th Giveaway
04-07-2021, 09:56 PM
 [CLOSED] 66th Giveaway
03-22-2021, 05:36 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting