arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[CLOSED] Twelfth & thirteenth Giveaway
I have applied for VPS2 but it seems provider has vanished or something. VPS Plans show empty specs for VPS2.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(09-18-2016, 06:55 AM)xdude Wrote: I have applied for VPS2 but it seems provider has vanished or something. VPS Plans show empty specs for VPS2.

Century1Stop is no longer a sponsor for Post4VPS, please any other VPS.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
(09-18-2016, 07:10 AM)TrK Wrote: Century1Stop is no longer a sponsor for Post4VPS, please any other VPS.

I see. Better edit the giveaway post. I guess I'll try VPS3. Those have been there for a long time but I couldn't find a single review. Strange, all 10 of those VPS are available.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Edited Thread removed Century1Stop
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
WOW, this is a great giveaway, good luck to every one who's applying for a vps this giveway. and coblathost vps specs looks good.
(09-08-2016, 06:18 AM)perryoo11 Wrote: Yes actual PUBLIC accesible are most a magnet of ddos attacks. If your new and have like 5 players a day probably ok. But when you get the switch on of traffic. Definantely you need to take extra action agains abusers.

Yes and I will allow game servers now due to the reason being I just realized I had nodewatch on the node as well which should take care of any abusers if they arise since nodewatch will automatically suspend the vps(s) and notify me about it.
(09-19-2016, 12:47 AM)cubedata Wrote: Yes and I will allow game servers now due to the reason being I just realized I had nodewatch on the node as well which should take care of any abusers if they arise since nodewatch will automatically suspend the vps(s) and notify me about it.

now your package become very atractive :}
It is nice to see that a sponsor of a good VPS is allowing game servers! Smile
(09-08-2016, 06:18 AM)perryoo11 Wrote: Yes actual PUBLIC accesible are most a magnet of ddos attacks. If your new and have like 5 players a day probably ok. But when you get the switch on of traffic. Definantely you need to take extra action agains abusers.

Most attacks come from USA, Russia and China from what I have read about. If you want to restrict your server to specific people or locations you can use IP range in your firewall. Unwanted users won't be able to DDoS your server how hard they try because their connections will be refused. You should do this if you aren't thinking about making your game public though xD
Thank you VPSlices and Post4VPS for your beautiful VPS!
(09-19-2016, 01:42 PM)Golden Wrote: Most attacks come from USA, Russia and China from what I have read about. If you want to restrict your server to specific people or locations you can use IP range in your firewall. Unwanted users won't be able to DDoS your server how hard they try because their connections will be refused. You should do this if you aren't thinking about making your game public though xD

from what i know, running a game server seems to be quite a lot of trouple for every one.
i don't know much about iptables(yet Big Grin) but could one just punish an ip for sending to much requests with iptables? because if that's was doable than this might be a good solution to all game servers, am i right?
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
 [CLOSED] 70th Giveaway
07-06-2021, 08:05 AM
Last Post: deanhills
 [CLOSED] 69th Giveaway
06-15-2021, 12:15 AM
 [CLOSED] 68th Giveaway
05-07-2021, 03:25 PM
 [CLOSED] 67th Giveaway
04-07-2021, 09:56 PM
 [CLOSED] 66th Giveaway
03-22-2021, 05:36 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting