Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DDoS protection
Omg! It's so cheap! I have to be careful. Read deeper

There already UDP protection? Good!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Terminal
Solo Developer
Cloudflare free service is great, but there are other free options as well, such as Incapsula. You should try it too.
(06-30-2018, 05:27 PM)Dudi Wrote: Cloudflare free service is great, but there are other free options as well, such as Incapsula. You should try it too.

I believe. You will not spend $ 5000 just for UDP DDoS protection
Terminal
Solo Developer
You need 3rd party for DDoS protection if you want to use your Post4VPS VPS @chanalku91 or check our sponsored VPS if they offer FREE VPS and maybe you could apply it on the next giveaway if its open. Another way is subscribe into a VPS that offers DDoS protection in cheap price like what @TrK suggest BuyVM (Frantech) if you have VPS from them they can give you 500GB DDoS protection for only $3/month https://buyvm.net/ddos-protection/ .
(06-30-2018, 09:13 AM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: @tiwil @chanalku91

Please keep in mind that CloudFlare free doesn't provide DDoS protection for game servers and any other custom application or port other than 80/443 for websites only (websockets included of course). The free CloudFlare plan is literally only good as in "good for websites and nothing else". Also with this limitations CloudFlare certainly doesn't even support UDP on free plans because webservers all work over pure TCP.

OP needs something like OVH game protection that is specially meant for UDP DDoS protection for game servers, voice servers and similar. And this is one of the more known, popular and affordable solutions for gamers.
I'm just wondering whether I have it correct.  The actual prevention of DDoS comes from how the server has been set up at the Data Center and the DDoS package deal between the Data Center and the owner of the Server, once one has purchased the use of the server then at the user level one can't add DDoS protection in the same way.  Once one gets a VPS one can try and minimize DDoS, but it's only really the owner and Data Center who can harden the Server for DDoS attacks. At the user level one can try and be safe with available methods, but it's more like having tools to get out of an attack, than actual prevention of the attacks.  If I were into games servers it would probably be better to go to someone who knows games servers inside out and has a good appreciation of DDoS and all of the other challenges that come from a games server environment. Such an owner would probably also only provide games servers that have been kitted out with DDoS protection and be in a better position to assist one if there should be any issues with it.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I have always wondered those cheap DDOS protection packages do any real protection against a serious attack or attacks. It's like common cold. There are many different types of DDoS Attacks. So giving a general purpose solution is quite hard or can be quite expensive. I heard OVH now have some sort of specialized Gaming DDOS protection but have no idea what it costs. I guess OP won't able to go for expensive one with a free vps.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(07-02-2018, 05:50 PM)Vuluts Wrote: You need 3rd party for DDoS protection if you want to use your Post4VPS VPS @chanalku91 or check our sponsored VPS if they offer FREE VPS and maybe you could apply it on the next giveaway if its open. Another way is subscribe into a VPS that offers DDoS protection in cheap price like what @TrK suggest BuyVM (Frantech) if you have VPS from them they can give you 500GB DDoS protection for only $3/month https://buyvm.net/ddos-protection/ .

I've tried the vps! At a price of 15 $ a year but still facing high latency so I will use it for proxy from the main server so it can be prevented from DDoS Attack

To be more strict I will install Proxy From Beon For my next vps to be safe from DDoS
Terminal
Solo Developer
(07-04-2018, 10:49 AM)chanalku91 Wrote: I've tried the vps! At a price of 15 $ a year but still facing high latency so I will use it for proxy from the main server so it can be prevented from DDoS Attack

To be more strict I will install Proxy From Beon For my next vps to be safe from DDoS

high latency is caused by long travel distance from client and server and also slow processing speed
if you use a proxy and get this problem the proxy is probalby too far from client or server or the proxy software isnt efficient at processing the request
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
You will question the proxy with high latency ? it is not installed directly to the main server but from the vps used as a proxy tool
Terminal
Solo Developer
It would probably much easier to buy a VPS that already has DDoS protection included. DDoS protected Proxy/VPN, GRE tunnel or similar is absolutely not a solution if you plan to host a game server or similar. It is ok if you want to protect websites behind it but not for anything realtime like game servers, voice servers and etc.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-30-2021, 06:52 PM
Last Post: hamed

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting