arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Data Recovery from a corrupted SD Card
One of my SD cards are not working. Undecided   It's a SanDisk Ultra Class 10 32GB card. I have used it for over 6 months so Im sure it has around 20GB photos. Today I put it in camera got this error saying card is not working so I tried it on PC and got message You need for format the Disk. I really don't want format it since it has lots of photos. Tried CHKDSK and got msg saying The type of file system is RAW,  CHKDSK is not available for RAW divices .

Something like this happened to me several years back but I remember recovering all data using a data recover software. Don't remember the name.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

You will need recovery software that is capable of recovery from RAW filesystem. I know that Recuva can't do this. The only software I'm aware of that can do this is EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional. As the name suggests it is a paid software. I don't know how far the free version will bring you. I would guess most features aren't available in the free version.

I used a rather not so legal version for educational purpose to attempt recovery on a 3 TB WesternDigital RED NASWARE 3.0 HDD that went into RAW state. It could scan the HDD in RAW state and showed files for recovery. However the at that point the drive was so broken that the recovered files were useless. After that I uninstalled the software.

Mind that the SD card might be so broken that you end up in the same situation as I were in. All recovered files might be usless. Depends on how dead the SD card is.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
I think you can recover photos using wondershare recoverit software, I had one another application which worked for restoring images, but I forgot its name, I will share the name once I open my laptop, it is there, meanwhile try wondershare product.

Thank you  Sweet

Yep almost all tutorials I have found about recovering RAW file days direct me to EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional. I need to take a look at this software. I think the free version has size limit like only recover 2GB Data. I ll take a look at the software. Thanks for the suggest. I really really hope I will able to recover photos from it. It has some really important wild life photos. I can't believe I didn't move all photos to a portable drive.

I guess you can try the pirated version of EaseUS. Although not encouraging it but I guess you don't need to mention it to anyone.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
Guys, I have a kingstone SD Card and I wanted to reset it so I added it to the reader and connected it to the pc and I got this "Windows cant complete the format process" something like that and then I tried again and boom! I found it completed but with 16 MB Storage instead of 32 GB.

Can I know the reason?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

@youssefbasha

Most likely the controller is broken and now reports a wrong size back. Check the SD card in the Windows disk management tool. To open it press WIN + R, type in "diskmgmt.msc" and hit the ENTER key. Look at how the SD card is formatted. Maybe there is unallocated space.

I would also suggest to repeat the same process using a live Linux distribution with gparted on it like for example SystemRescueCD. Boot from it, start gparted, insert the SD card and see what gparted shows you.

Also try a different SD card reader or try the SD card in a different device with a card reader.

If all of the above yields no successful result you can throw the SD card into electronic trash.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Sd card is harder to recover than hdd sometime . If it corrupt it mostly permanently destroy most file . While hdd bad sector mosylt only few sector and 90% of data is recoverable but not for long

Are you using real authentic sd card? Most knockoff ripoff fake sd card is easily corrupted because they dont have real quality control and because of that most of fake are often get corrupted . And some fake sd card have fake capacity
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Welp, now you know what model of SD Card to avoid next time. I personally don't have much experience in restoring SD Card footage, but from what I've heard It is much more difficult than the traditional HDD restoration. I would recommend checking the EaseUS software for restoring SD Card, I have not tried it but I have used EaseUS products before so I assume It'd not let you down.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
Well to update the thread with my situation, I used EaseUS Data Recovery but it says there is no files to recover. And to make it worse It happen to the other card card. Both are SanDisk and bought from same buyer. I guess these cards are not genuine. I had little bit of hope because even though its a eBay seller but he is a dropshiper from Amazon. So I have received these cards from Amazon. Second card corrupted while transferring files to PC. Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
09-16-2020, 11:20 AM
Last Post: sagher

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting