arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fail2Ban or DDoS Deflate?
(04-28-2020, 11:46 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: yeah it is a nice combo until you put incorrect password 3 times and it lock you from the vps ......

It is always better if you whitelist your own IP address first to prevent you from accidentally locking yourself out.

And it is easy to configure the whitelist with Fail2Ban. Smile

(04-27-2020, 10:37 PM)youssefbasha Wrote: Well, what @chanalku91 said really helped us!
The solution was to configure the firewall with the right rules, dedi server is now up for about 4 hours and no ddos signs.
I will check the dedicated server for 24 hours to know if its safe now or the ddos just stopped for some time

Your thread was about comparing Fail2Ban vs DDoS Deflate (take a look at the title), @chanalku91's response was out of this thread's supposed scope!!.. and still managed to be "really helpful"!! Good for you!.. Next time, just state your actual problem directly!

The first 'D' in the DDoS acronym stands for 'distributed', which means that the denial-of-service is coming from MANY IP addresses (ie a botnet.) Thus Fail2Ban will most probably have zero effect on the attack, especially if it's not at the application-layer (of the OSI model.)

So, can you share your solution, ie those 'right firewall rules', and some specifics as to the type of the DDoS attack. We might learn something from your incident, you know!
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
(04-30-2020, 12:03 PM)fChk Wrote: Your thread was about comparing Fail2Ban vs DDoS Deflate (take a look at the title), @chanalku91's response was out of this thread's supposed scope!!.. and still managed to be "really helpful"!! Good for you!.. Next time, just state your actual problem directly!

The first 'D' in the DDoS acronym stands for 'distributed', which means that the denial-of-service is coming from MANY IP addresses (ie a botnet.) Thus Fail2Ban will most probably have zero effect on the attack, especially if it's not at the application-layer (of the OSI model.)

So, can you share your solution, ie those 'right firewall rules', and some specifics as to the type of the DDoS attack. We might learn something from your incident, you know!

Thats not what i want, im not lying  Eh
My friend got ddos problem so i wanted to help myself in protecting my servers and help my friend by sending him chanalku's reply(i already know that HL got antiddos so i won't do anything to it)
@youssefbasha Further to @fChk's comment, to be honest, looks like you hijacked your own thread. You didn't stick with the topic.

Anyway, looks like you got out of the discussion you wanted to get.  So I'm closing it for now.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting