arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB 3.0 vs Sata III
As said above already. We need to consider the max throughput of the drive too. That means we need to talk about ssd.

Though i see sata 3 to be better at data transfer, i would go for usb due it's usability and portability.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(01-06-2017, 04:58 PM)rudra Wrote: As said above already. We need to consider the max throughput of the drive too. That means we need to talk about ssd.

Though i see sata 3 to be better at data transfer, i would go for usb due it's usability and portability.

USB is nice because of its mobility and such but they have a shorter life span Sad
Thank you VPSlices and Post4VPS for your beautiful VPS!
I hear that time and again. But my personal experience so far has been quite good. I guess that depends on the level of expectations too.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
Ofcourse SATA 3 will be more faster and reliable since HDD is meant to be plug with SATA for internals and USB 3.0 is for portables like flash drives.
(11-27-2016, 12:51 AM)dragon1600 Wrote: So lets say u have 2 hdd's both are the same model and same speeds, what would be faster and why, USB 3.0 or Sata III.

In my first opinion i would think that usb 3 would win, but then in the other side i would think that sata would win because sata is direct to the mainboard, and USB 3.0 is not made to have windows running on it. 

but then what is faster, what do you think  Blush

SATA 3 : 6gbps = 600MB/s approximately
USB 3 : 5gbps = 500MB/s approximately

from that you can already see that SATA 3 run much faster than usb3 . also SATA3 speed is not shared like USB in some cases . some motherboard use USB HUB to double or triple or more the port . if you plug 1 device it will be full 5gb but if you plug 2 it will be halved .

the conclusion is if you want much moar speed get SATA 3 . SATA is proven to be much much faster than usb . sata have morre IOPS than usb had even a usb 3 and also SATA3 is much reliable because it is inside your pc and get less wear and tear . but if you like portability or you need to bring your hard drive anywhere USB3 is much better choice but if you want to get the best of both world i reccomend SATA3 harddrive with SATA to USB converter for maximum speed and compatibilty . in your home you use SATA3 but when you go outside you plug it to SATA to USB Converter and you get yourself a . well USB or Universal Serial Bus . looking from the name of it USB is meant to replace old school seriial port that already have been replace by ps/2 (IBM PS2 Not sony playstation 2!) for HID device like mouse and keyboard . but USB ended up not only replacing serial port but also other port like ps/2,parrarell,firewire,etc and technically it also can replace dial up modem and lan port (you cansee usb to lan converter) but older usb have a lower troughput that is why there are no usb to pcie or usb to hdmi/display but in the USB type c era we see usb type c to displayport or hdmi because now USB type c have great troughput

well it getting more like a novel than a post . so that is my opinion . what yours? comment below
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting