arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freenom - a domain name for everyone "Completely free"
Everyone has an experience with forum, but when i post this thread i'm talking about my experience which is a good one, from a long time i didn't face any issue, sometimes you has problem, but we don't share the same experience, what i wanted to say is freenom for me and it provides a good and free services.
thats why it got famous, and for those who faced issues you always can contact them by using those links.

their support: https://my.freenom.com/knowledgebase.php...ge=english
Report abuses: https://www.freenom.com/en/reportabuse.html

Contact them: https://www.freenom.com/en/contactus.html

i wish everyone solves his problem, when i created this thread my goal is to share and help everyone who needs this services. thanks for everyone who shared with us his opinion.
Watch this beauty till the end..

It is without regret always great to know that somewhere someone has great experience with a generally negative rated service. Note "generally negative".

Contacting Freenom. That sounds like a great idea. Only if they would respond. The first time my domain has been removed I mailed them (at that point they didn't have the ticket system, yet). I have never received a reply back from them. The later times where my domains have been removed I mailed them AND opened tickets at their support desk. I have not received a reply to mail e-mail and the ticket system has only sent the automated reply "Thank you for your inquery. We will process it shortly.". After that there was radio silence forever. I bumped the ticket once and still have not received a reply from Freenom support.

So the tiny bit of customers who seem to have a great experience will never be able to change the mind of people who have experienced the really bad side of Freenom. Not to mention that if you actually read their terms... they're fully against you. You never owned the domain to begin with and they allow themselves to take it at you expense whenever they want to sell it. If you take this... enjoy your stay buddy. I'm not taking such motherflower terms. Sure they are a for profit company but how you as a free customer are being treated is overall a big joke. They should just stop providing free service and turn to the normal paid domain registrar that they basically are already.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
I have used them for the last 5 year and nothing of the incident have happened. I renewed them every 12 months just on time and it just worked fine. Altought I really like my domain name and it fits with the extension (doesn't look unprofessional at all)
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
(04-25-2019, 12:57 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: It is without regret always great to know that somewhere someone has great experience with a generally negative rated service. Note "generally negative".

Contacting Freenom. That sounds like a great idea. Only if they would respond. The first time my domain has been removed I mailed them (at that point they didn't have the ticket system, yet). I have never received a reply back from them. The later times where my domains have been removed I mailed them AND opened tickets at their support desk. I have not received a reply to mail e-mail and the ticket system has only sent the automated reply "Thank you for your inquery. We will process it shortly.". After that there was radio silence forever. I bumped the ticket once and still have not received a reply from Freenom support.

So the tiny bit of customers who seem to have a great experience will never be able to change the mind of people who have experienced the really bad side of Freenom. Not to mention that if you actually read their terms... they're fully against you. You never owned the domain to begin with and they allow themselves to take it at you expense whenever they want to sell it. If you take this... enjoy your stay buddy. I'm not taking such motherflower terms. Sure they are a for profit company but how you as a free customer are being treated is overall a big joke. They should just stop providing free service and turn to the normal paid domain registrar that they basically are already.

You may be right, as i said there is people who have a good experience and there is no haven't, same as your experience what i could say is, nothing totally free to be honest because in reality none giving something for free, at least they should gain something to keep the project alive,anyway else they will lose money, and none giving away their money. they got 2 domains type the free and the paid one. what i could suggest you if you want really get a domain from them you may register again and get your own domain, by doing this you agreed with their terms. about taking domain from you, first time i heard about it. it may be true and it may not. what i wanted is just to share and help people who doesn't know, and beginners to start their project because none genius here, we all start learning, but its a real good thing when we share our opinions together, thats how we make this change, i really support and like that. thanks mate again. wish you luck

(04-24-2019, 10:11 AM)Melvin Wrote: Free domains providers like freenom, doesn't include any paiement method for their free domains and i have used it for 2 years and i didn't face any

issue with it, you can post your problems and we may try to solve it. and for free domain providers there are only few, but freenom the most famous 

because of the services they provide mate.

It seems like you did not read my post at all, I never mentioned anything regarding them asking payment, all I said was that the impression their domains cause on your audience is pretty negative, as they are quite popular and almost everyone recognizes the free domain in an instant.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(04-26-2019, 12:55 PM)Honey Wrote: It seems like you did not read my post at all, I never mentioned anything regarding them asking payment, all I said was that the impression their domains cause on your audience is pretty negative, as they are quite popular and almost everyone recognizes the free domain in an instant.

i do clearly understand what you have said, my purpose posting this thread to help newbies, beginners, people who don't have experience, the first step, they may try, i'm not forcing anyone to use freenom, everyone is free. when you said "everyone" you mean the majority, but there is people who doesn't even know what is domain and whaat it does. thats is my goal, just to help.

@Melvin. I agree with @Honey and also with what has not been said in the discussion. There are very few members of post4vps who don't know about Freenom and need to be introduced to Freenom. We've all got experience using it and if you check other discussion Forums (you can Google freevps.us for example) you will notice that quite a number of members have had bad experiences using the service. New members need to hear about both sides of the situation - the good and the not so good so they can know about both sides. My experience has been OK and I've been using Freenom for a few years now, but there are very good examples I've seen in discussions over the years showing genuine frustration about how Freenom took their domain back without prior notification and put it on sale. So unless you have something very original to discuss about Freenom, this "recommendation" is turning into a spam thread. I'm therefore closing it to avoid further posts that aren't really adding quality to the topic of Freenom.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting