arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard Disk Health
Hello Friends, I hope you are all fine.I have my 2TB Hard Drive.Today i checked my hard disk performance and its health.I found that its health is at risk with 13%.I searched at google to find a way to increase its health.I did not understand about it.If any of you know about fixing this pls reply.I am very worried about my hard drive.It have very very important data.Tell me if you guys know any method to increase its life.

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
Rehan. did you use full chkdsk ? under drive, right click menu, properties ?

where did you find this 13 percent value ?

use your hdd manufacturer's tool to check the condition properly.
seagate
https://www.seagate.com/as/en/support/do.../seatools/
Western digital
https://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?lang=en&i

also there is crystaldiskinfi,hddscan etc. they will give you a better idea. check the SMART information and find the measure which are showing imminent failure or bad health.

edit. if it is really near failure, you cant do much except copying the data to a backup drive or online. you can not just increase health. it is not a mmorpg character. hehe
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
Can you please download CrystalDiskInfo and make screenshots of the disk health information for the affected disk? 13% disk health value is really bad. You should get a new drive and backup everything from the old one as quick as you can if it really is in such a bad state.
I spoke to the devil in Miami, he said everything would be fine.
@Rehan AFAIK you can't increase your HDD health if it's a HARDWARE failure as we know HDD also has a lifespan that is why it has an warranty. How old is your HDD btw? If it's SOFTWARE issue you may use CHECKDISK and some other software tools to fix your HDD internally.
I recommend using HDDlife, because the features of the HDD Health Monitor and Advanced System Check make your HDD last longer, and if you are traveling again and you forget to turn off your computer HDDlife will help you monitor your HDD and send the results via the network
And I Think Again This Software Is Paid
Terminal
Solo Developer
The health is hardware problem . The only way to fix is to buy new hard drive and backup all your data to the new hard drive

Your data is at risk when stored in low health hard drive . they can dead at any time and your data is gone
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Thanks all of you.I don't think this problem is solve able.Today after reading replies i downloaded the HDDLife tool and that shows that my hard drive health is at 0% Dodgy .I shall try to move my data to a new one as soon as possible.
btw i am wondering how the hell this is too much low while most of the hard drives always have 100%.

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
(12-03-2018, 12:18 PM)Rehan Wrote: Thanks all of you.I don't think this problem is solve able.Today after reading replies i downloaded the HDDLife tool and that shows that my hard drive health is at 0% Dodgy .I shall try to move my data to a new one as soon as possible.
btw i am wondering how the hell this is too much low while most of the hard drives always have 100%.

did you check the SMART report? i would like a screenshot of those pages if you are looking for further elaboration. it just helps understand whst is going wrong. im sure your testing suite is seeing some stats on that SMART checklist over the threshold required for normal activity. sometimes it happens pretty fast for a nee hdd due to some manufacturing defect or something similar.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
Reading through this... makes me so sad. The thing I hate is when people try to help but OP is absolutely ignoring them. I see multiple people asking for SMART results from CystalMarkInfo and other software. Yet the OP thinks it is of absolutely no importance to post them in order to get help. Why did you even ask for help??? Stop it if you can't deal with people trying to help you. You are wasting peoples time.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Check with S.M.A.R.T, they provide a good marginal info about your disks health. I recommend crystaldiskinfo.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
02-25-2020, 05:39 PM
Last Post: perry

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting