arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help optimize the site for SEO
Why use a plug-in at all? Navigate to the WP root directory and enable dotfiles if not done already. Then you'll see there's an htaccess file. It comes with WP installation and add the following five lines of code:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} 80
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://yourdomain.com/$1 [R,L]
</IfModule>

That's it. You'll see the magic of redirection at the cost of no security issues or any excessive resource usage.

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
hamed Wrote:I have another question for you. Is ip dedicated to SEO effective? Or not.

I'm going to be honest with you about this. I have absolutely no idea. I'm not into SEO, SEA or SEM and I will never be really into it.

There are not enough IPv4 addresses in the whole world to host every site on a unique dedicated IP address along with you, me and everyone else using the Internet and etc.

So, I would say it is or would be highly stupid to give a site a bad rating for using a shared IP address. Makes absolutely no sense. What is with all the popular sites who use Cloudflare and are behind a few IP addresses that are all shared between thousand of other sites? What is with all the millions of site running on shared hosting?

hamed Wrote:And please introduce a plugin for transferring http to https for WordPress.

Honestly, I would NOT recommend using any Wordpress plugin or additional software to do this task.

Use what your web server comes with. Apache can do HTTP to HTTPS redirect before the Wordpress site is loaded via htaccess and if you use nginx you can do the same by modifying the vHost and sending a redirect header.

So I would say and recommend to do what @sohamb03 said.

hamed Wrote:This plugin occupies many hardware resources after visitors arrive.
Is there any other plugin that uses less hardware?

What are you talking about? htaccess or other web server initated redirects don't use any ressources other than what the web server is already using. It's not even a plugin. It's part of the web server.

I don't even see where @sohamb03 linked or suggested to use a plugin in the post you quoted?!?!
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(09-22-2019, 04:39 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: I'm going to be honest with you about this. I have absolutely no idea. I'm not into SEO, SEA or SEM and I will never be really into it.

There are not enough IPv4 addresses in the whole world to host every site on a unique dedicated IP address along with you, me and everyone else using the Internet and etc.

So, I would say it is or would be highly stupid to give a site a bad rating for using a shared IP address. Makes absolutely no sense. What is with all the popular sites who use Cloudflare and are behind a few IP addresses that are all shared between thousand of other sites? What is with all the millions of site running on shared hosting?

Honestly, I would NOT recommend using any Wordpress plugin or additional software to do this task.

Use what your web server comes with. Apache can do HTTP to HTTPS redirect before the Wordpress site is loaded via htaccess and if you use nginx you can do the same by modifying the vHost and sending a redirect header.

So I would say and recommend to do what @sohamb03 said.

What are you talking about? htaccess or other web server initated redirects don't use any ressources other than what the web server is already using. It's not even a plugin. It's part of the web server.

I don't even see where @sohamb03 linked or suggested to use a plugin in the post you quoted?!?!

I use the plugin suggested by @sohamb03 but it consumes a lot of hardware resources and this is a problem!
Currently it is constantly occupying 7 / 10cpu hosts due to http moving to https and therefore not allowing other plugins to do their job and slowing down other plugins.
What is your suggestion?
I'm having trouble with .htaccess and when I edit it, the WordPress theme crashes.
Thanks Post4VPS
@hamed

I checked the post from @sohamb03 that you quoted before and he DID NOT suggest to use any plugin. He told you to do the redirect via htaccess. The same thing I suggested meanwhile, too.

So again... don't use any plugins... especially if you have such a limited environment as you seem to have.

I have not used Wordpress or even Apache in years. I hope @sohamb03 can help.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Hello @hamed. Did you actually try the htaccess method? Don't tell me you did while "Really Simple SSL" was activated as it's bound to crash then. However, if you followed what I've suggested and still the thing doesn't work, you can feel free to PM me the link to your WP site and a snapshot of what htaccess looks like, after your editing it.

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
Could you explain what sort of site do you have? Do you use any ads? Does it have one of those Twitter or FB boxes in widgets?

Having a B with 84% is really good. It's really hard to keep a site at this level unless you don't use any advertisements etc. Like for an affiliate site, it's nearly impossible to keep it such high speed without a compromise. When it comes to Wordpress usual culprits are Themes, Plugins and some Widgets like the FB page Box.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

There is https://woorank.com which gives some excellent suggestions on how to make your website not only better for SEO but also faster and much better in many ways. Many of the fixes suggested are easy and can definitely improve SEO ranking. Some of the easy fixes are to ensure that your website has a 404 page, appropriate shortcut icons, title, CSS usage and many more. They do provide explanation for the fixes and how they can be achieved. Also, you don't have to optimize the loading speed for the entire website, but you do have to have very quick above the fold loading so you can defer loading unnecessary javaScript, below the fold images etc to after the page has already loaded.

BTW, you can just use the free version of their offering if you have only 1 website you are trying to optimize.
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-14-2021, 05:19 AM
Last Post: harry_v
04-17-2020, 06:39 PM
Last Post: hamed
07-30-2017, 04:33 PM
Last Post: xdude

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting