arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HostDoc - not refunding and filing chargebacks with upstream providers!
I was browsing LEB and found this...

@AnthonySmith said:
Hi Folks,
It has come to light that not only is HostDoc not refunding but he is also now filing chargebacks with his own upstream hosts I assume to claw back a bit of money from the brand he said was profitable.
This has been confirmed at (the other place) if you have ever had service with HostDoc the time is NOW to file a paypal claim/charge back yourself.
Even if you were only out $1 file it on pricipal, make the scammers work hard and make it harder for them to get away with this.
He fooled many of us with his nice guy attitude, seems he is no better that a colocrossing offer on blackfriday.
Charging back against his upstream hosts that provided him with service is an absolute scumbag move, unforgivable.
Not the drama I want but people tend to be ridiculously optimistic about hosts doing the right thing sometimes and you need to know this is not one of those times if you are waiting for a refund.
remember you have 180 days for paypal and probably longer for a card/stripe.
edit: if somehow you arrive at this and want context or you were a HostDoc customer and did not even know they were shutting down here is the thread: https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/569/hostdoc-closing-down

Source

Since they were our former "sponsors", I'm literally not going to say anything(it may hurt former holders).
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
(02-17-2020, 12:12 PM)Manal Wrote: I was browsing LEB and found this...

@AnthonySmith said:
Hi Folks,
It has come to light that not only is HostDoc not refunding but he is also now filing chargebacks with his own upstream hosts I assume to claw back a bit of money from the brand he said was profitable.
This has been confirmed at (the other place) if you have ever had service with HostDoc the time is NOW to file a paypal claim/charge back yourself.
Even if you were only out $1 file it on pricipal, make the scammers work hard and make it harder for them to get away with this.
He fooled many of us with his nice guy attitude, seems he is no better that a colocrossing offer on blackfriday.
Charging back against his upstream hosts that provided him with service is an absolute scumbag move, unforgivable.
Not the drama I want but people tend to be ridiculously optimistic about hosts doing the right thing sometimes and you need to know this is not one of those times if you are waiting for a refund.
remember you have 180 days for paypal and probably longer for a card/stripe.
edit: if somehow you arrive at this and want context or you were a HostDoc customer and did not even know they were shutting down here is the thread: https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/569/hostdoc-closing-down

Source

Since they were our former "sponsors", I'm literally not going to say anything(it may hurt former holders).

Thanks for posting the info for the record @Manal.  But agreed.  They're our former sponsor.   We were duly informed by HostDoc and for our own purposes fairly treated.  For us the case has been closed.

- closed -
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting