arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HostLease  Hostlease - Free VPS - 1GB
Review of Hostlease free VPS
Thanks to @pacific spirit for providing such an amazing VPS

This VPS has been provided by the @pacific spirit personally and this VPS got nothing with P4V VPSs.
Before starting with benchmarks I would like to tell a few things I liked about this VPS since usually we don't get that much good VPSs for free and a big plus of this free VPS is its location which matters a lot to me since I want to host game servers on VPSs and France, Germany, Netherlands VPSs give me a good ping.
VPS basic information:
Terminal
Dedicated RAM: 1024MB             

HW RAID10 SSD: 20GB               
Premium Bandwidth: 200GB          
CPU Core(s): 2                    
IPv4: 1                          
VPS: OVZ, (Linux) 
Data Center: Lelystad, NL

now lets come to benchmarks.

System information:
Terminal
System Info
-----------
Processor       : Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2650 v2 @ 2.60GHz
CPU Cores       : 2
Frequency       : 1235.000 MHz
Memory          : 1024 MB
Swap            : 512 MB

OS              : Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
Kernel          : 3.10.0-1062.4.2.vz7.116.7

This VPS has come with 1gb of ram and 512mb swap and 2 cores which can be increased to 4 by request but yet I haven't requested as it's fulfilling my needs but I am thinking to upgrade my VPS to a higher ram VPS but due to time management i doubt i would be able to fulfill its requirements anyways its a great VPS to have

Geek benchmarks
Processor Information:
Terminal
Processor Information
  Name                                Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2650 v2 @ 2.60GHz
  Topology                      1 Processor, 8 Cores
  Identifier                    GenuineIntel Family 6 Model 62 Stepping 4
  Base Frequency                860 MHz
  L1 Instruction Cache          32.0 KB
  L1 Data Cache                 32.0 KB
  L2 Cache                      256 KB
  L3 Cache                      20.0 MB
The processor performance is satisfactory as it does not lag my lightweight game server since I had used a previously from another provider my game server was lagging quite badly due to that processor.

Single-core and multi-core scores
Terminal
Single-core scores
Single-Core Score
Crypto Score

Integer Score

Floating Point Score

Memory Score

Terminal
Multi-core terminals
Multi-Core Score
Crypto Score

Integer Score

Floating Point Score

Memory Score

As I have reviewed the VPS sponsored by same company but I am just surprised about its single-core and multi-core scores since I don't much often see that much good core scores of free VPS and its scores same as any Digital ocean VPSs and the performance is also quite similar but of course digital ocean performance is a way too good so I won't say that its performance is better than digital ocean VPSs.

Disks speed: I would love to provide it but unfortunately the HR benchmark script was not able to generate and I could not understand the error.
I would love to edit the review if someone tells me a fix of this error

The I/O benchmark requires bc but it's not installed. Please install bc and repeat. Aborting...
[Edit] Speedtests are here since the problem is solved
Terminal
Disk Speed
----------
I/O (1st run)   : 567 MB/s
I/O (2nd run)   : 744 MB/s
I/O (3rd run)   : 735 MB/s
Average I/O     : 682 MB/s or .68 GB/s

Speed test:
Terminal
Hosted by NFOrce Entertainment B.V. (Amsterdam) [1.75 km]: 7.874 ms

Testing download speed................................................................................
Download: 246.86 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed......................................................................................................
Upload: 4.16 Mbit/s

As i had pointed out in my previous as well there is something wrong with the connection and 4mb upload speed with 1gb connection is not up to the mark.

Concluding remarks:
As we went through all benchmarks and connection speed, there were many positive things and one negative as well so i would recommend everyone to get this VPS if you don't need a faster connection since the connection speed is a way too slow but if you are ok with the connection then I strongly recommend this VPS and also we have a control panel from we can install OS and do other stuff easily
Rating: 8/10
You simply need to install the package "bc" (bash calculator) to have the I/O benchmark working again. The I/O benchmark has been improved and thus needs calculation parameters that normal shells cannot work with. So a small piece of software is required.

Google: "bc" + "linux"

https://www.tecmint.com/bc-command-examples/
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(03-02-2020, 06:44 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: You simply need to install the package "bc" (bash calculator) to have the I/O benchmark working again. The I/O benchmark has been improved and thus needs calculation parameters that normal shells cannot work with. So a small piece of software is required.

Google: "bc" + "linux"

https://www.tecmint.com/bc-command-examples/
I had tried to install bc and tried to get a fix from google but i kept getting the error of unknown packages which i just understood after searching for a long time.
I had forgot to use apt-get update and apt-get upgrade and its installed now after doing that
Thank you

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
03-29-2020, 07:40 AM
Last Post: ikk157
01-09-2020, 11:50 AM
Last Post: ikk157
11-03-2019, 06:25 AM
Last Post: hamed
10-31-2019, 01:07 AM
Last Post: chanalku91

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting