arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am having some issues using Jetpack, as I have no hosting and would like to use it without being stuck in development mode, as this limits most of the features. Does anyone have any ideas about this? Should I try to use some kind of virtual domain, or will this make it worse? Thinking Thanks, @GeKePDP.
See the best thing for you to do now would be to get a hosting package and create your WordPress site there with the JetPack plugin. I would have recommended you HelioHost but their servers tend not to support WordPress sites as they cause high loads. 

Keeping this in mind I would recommend you to use services such as 5gbfree (if you would like to continue with a .5gbfree subdomain) or you could use Qualispace where you can use your own domain. Both the services are free.

My own WP website is too currently hosted on Qualispace(with very low site load time and 100%  uptime), but you would need a top-level domain(TLD) for that service.

You would then be able to use the JetPack free version with all its features.

P.S.: The links I have provided arent my referral links. They are direct links to the respective website. Also, I amn't any representative of these companies. BTW I myself own a Web Hosting Company called PantherHost.  My service isn't free though as its a reseller, but you can try a 30-day free trial. 
Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
Jetpack is not something you can use offline. It uses it's own servers to store data so it need to be connected to internet. Or do you mean you are running a server at home ?

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Jetpack only works if it connected to the server of its own. I would also like you to clarify your question more. Do you mean it doesn't work in an hosting environment or disabled by something?
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
Information 
I'm using Laragon at home and Jetpack tells me that it is in a development environment. Also, thanks to everyone who's replied so quickly.
Same with this thread. Looks as though it's more product related than discussing Web design. Have moved it to the products section.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(07-31-2019, 09:49 AM)GeKePDP Wrote: I'm using Laragon at home and Jetpack tells me that it is in a development environment. Also, thanks to everyone who's replied so quickly.

I think Laragon might be the problem. It's some sort of portable and isolated web server combo for development. Jetpack it doesn't work in it. You will need to use EasyPHP or something like Xampp. Providing your computer is connected to the net.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting