arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Can I Install PHP and APACHE on my VPS(Windows or Linux)?
(08-24-2018, 04:13 AM)Littlemaster Wrote: Always check what version of PHP you need to install, the latest version of PHP may not be available with all repositories. I recommend installing centos and to use ssh for installing PHP and Apache.
Excellent point.  I've just been through an experience with myBB plugins that ask for php 7.  Yet other plugins or themes may be using earlier versions of php.  I guess one should pay attention to the version, and maybe if X earlier php is selected, select earlier versions of plugins.  Bottom line, to be always php version aware as it makes a difference when plugins and themes are used.

That's the beauty of VestaCP.  It is set up with an earlier version that is still used by most of its users and that will work with most plugins.  I guess one of these days however it's probably going to change to php 7.0.  As far as I know php earlier versions including php 7.0 will no longer be supported after December 2018. 
http://php.net/supported-versions.php
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
For windows you can use xampp which i used personally for deploying my php script

For linux it as easy as apt get the package you need . I use this for hosting my site on my vps . I personally use nginx but for beginner apache is much easier espescially the php intergation part
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
03-18-2020, 01:20 AM
Last Post: deanhills
07-31-2019, 10:18 AM
Last Post: GeKePDP

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting