arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many VPSs do you have - paid or free?
I have currently 4 vps. One of them is a free one euserv that's almost unusable it's so slow. I should just have it deactivated so someone else can exploit the resources. I've used it for testing some things with ip6. My home isp doesn't have it; luckily I have a few boxes I can use to tunnel in Smile

I have a racknerd promo I picked up that I use as my primary web server. 4g ram 4vcpu 45gb ssd. It works well and has really great networking in Californa, but the disk is a little slower than it should be with sdd, but overall I'm very pleased with it for the price.

I have a micro NAT vps from gullos.me I use for secondary backups. 256mb ram 1vcpu and 100gb hdd. The networking is great out of NY. It performs quite well for my needs. While the value is great and the service acceptable (I paid 8$ a year), I wouldn't recommend it for a production environment. The provider seems to run a pretty tight ship and there is an occasional short downtime (a couple hours) for updates, which is something I can appreciate and doesn't really hurt me as it's only holding secondary backups.

Third is a vps from greencloud I picked up a bargain price. It's a lesser known provider but I've been very pleased with it so far. It's my primary backup solution and I also use it as a sandbox before the production environment. 2gb ram 1vcpu and 500gb hdd. The disk iops are slightly better than my racknerd vps even though its hdd not ssd, and the networking is usually super fast as the server is relatively close to me in the south. My only warning is they sold me a dirty ip; hetrixtools sent up a flag when I ran it. It doesn't really impact me as I'm only using it for backups/testing, but if you were thinking about them in a production environment, you might want to ask if they have any clean ips first.

I cancelled my openvz box as it didn't really suit my needs. I need to check on the refund status.
I currently have one paid VPS which I get from Digital Ocean. I was have another paid VPS from ExtraVM at Singapore for only $3.5/mo (with coupon can get as low as $3/mo), that's the lowest I can get for Singapore (actually Aliyun a.k.a. Alibaba Cloud cheaper but just don't talk about them). ExtraVM gets their VPS from OVH which is fantastic and it's fast. I was amazed on how fast it is when doing SSH, even my laptop is probably slower than the VPS itself. Huh, old laptop thing.

Anyway about the Digital Ocean one, I pick it because of my GitHub student pack and my friend have a credit card which can activate an account for my code which is amazing. Picked up the $5 plan where I get like usual, 1GB of RAM, 25GB storage, and Frankfurt location (my friend choice since he's near Frankfurt).

Right now after having one from DO, looking to have one from Post4VPS as I get back to forum. Hope I get one from this 61th giveaway Big Grin
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
I am now own only one VPS from post4vps.com and no other. since 3 months ago i have a second option but it was lost. i use free vps here because i don't have much resource now to buy paid vps. so i am very thankful to p4v team for this great platform.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
I do not have any unless you take into consideration my macOS Server, I have basically a Mac Mini virtualized in that container that runs my HomeBridge application and my media server while the rest of my Mac Pro G5 rebuild runs my day to day software and applications. I can’t wait to get one so I can continue my developments and expand my knowledge.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
Pages (3):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting