arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to install Java 8/9 on Debian Server
(01-28-2021, 07:58 AM)sagher Wrote: i download the file. and paste it into /tmp folder . and give this command via ssh

and the output is :

Selecting previously unselected package jdk-15.0.2.
(Reading database ... 47584 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../jdk-15.0.2_linux-x64_bin.deb ...
Unpacking jdk-15.0.2 (15.0.2-1) ...
Setting up jdk-15.0.2 (15.0.2-1) ...

Just in 10sec. is it all done ?

I went to search for a tutorial on running concurrent java versions. I don't recall exactly how to do it off hand, but I know I've seen tutorials before (I haven't used JAVA in many years).

Anyways, I stumbled upon SDKMAN, a CLI tool which is used for managing software development kits. Here is a tutorial for running concurrent versions of java using SDKMAN.

Perhaps if you have a chance to try it you can make a review for us.
(01-29-2021, 12:58 AM)fitkoh Wrote: I went to search for a tutorial on running concurrent java versions. I don't recall exactly how to do it off hand, but I know I've seen tutorials before (I haven't used JAVA in many years).

Anyways, I stumbled upon SDKMAN, a CLI tool which is used for managing software development kits. Here is a tutorial for running concurrent versions of java using SDKMAN.

Perhaps if you have a chance to try it you can make a review for us.

Yes Sure @fitkoh
But i need some more disk space for it. i think 5GB is not enough for it. already after all installation we discuss above my machine speed is loaded.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
(01-29-2021, 05:49 AM)sagher Wrote: Yes Sure @fitkoh
But i need some more disk space for it. i think 5GB is not enough for it. already after all installation we discuss above my machine speed is loaded.

Yeah, whatever problem you're having with the disk space I would place at a high priority. I recommend you back up your work and create a support request in the private support forums.
(01-28-2021, 07:58 AM)sagher Wrote: i download the file. and paste it into /tmp folder . and give this command via ssh

and the output is :

Selecting previously unselected package jdk-15.0.2.
(Reading database ... 47584 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../jdk-15.0.2_linux-x64_bin.deb ...
Unpacking jdk-15.0.2 (15.0.2-1) ...
Setting up jdk-15.0.2 (15.0.2-1) ...

Just in 10sec. is it all done ?
Your logs doesn't show any errors, so it the control is returned to the user... it should be ended successfully.
You can also use the following command:
  • apt install /path/to/jdk-15.0.2_linux-x64_bin.deb

Is the package compatible with your distro version? (ex. buster?)

If you have a graphical environment you can try a GUI tool called gdebi, it is very useful.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
I recommend to use AdoptOpenJDK instead of Oracle Java to avoid issues with licensing and etc.

https://adoptopenjdk.net/installation.html#linux-pkg

Apart from that you installed JDK 15 which is neither Java 8 nor Java 9.

AdoptOpenJDK provides binaries for Java 8 up to the latest higher version of 15.

See here: https://adoptopenjdk.net/releases.html
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
03-21-2019, 09:12 PM
Last Post: amontes
11-27-2018, 02:40 PM
Last Post: rudra

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting