arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NINTENDO NES EMULATOR INSTALLATION
HELLO ALL
Hope you all fine. i am a great lover of Nintendo gameboy, gameboy advance, Nintendo Entertainment Systems NES Games. so i will share with you how to Install a NES emulator and Nintendo games on your Debian or Ubuntu servers.
So far I have only attempted to install CC65 and FCEUX on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (64-bit), where I rely on APT (i.e.
apt-get
, as used by Ubuntu and Debian).

First we install cc65:

An APT repository that can be used to install cc65 as a Debian package. To use it, first make sure you have
debian-keyring
installed.
sudo apt-get install debian-keyring

Add the key for Spiro’s repository:

gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-key 2AF47E44
gpg -a --export 2AF47E44 | sudo apt-key add -

(Add Spiro’s repository to your APT sources, by editing
/etc/apt/sources.list) and adding the following lines at the end:

deb     http://debian.trikaliotis.net/ stable contrib
deb-src http://debian.trikaliotis.net/ stable contrib

Update your APT sources:

sudo apt-get update

Install specifically2 version

2.13.3-1 of cc65 and cc65-nes:

sudo apt-get install cc65=2.13.3-1 cc65-nes=2.13.3-1

Check cc65 :

$ cc65 --version
cc65 V2.13.3
SVN version: 5401

Now we install FCEUX:

First, make sure (curl) and (unzip) are installed, as they will come in handy later:
sudo apt-get install curl unzip
Install the fceux package:

sudo apt-get install fceux

Now Back files are Installed and time to test it.

Download a NES ROM package file (i.e. a .nes file) from somewhere, and launch it with fceux. For example, grab the free BombSweeper, extract the file, and launch it.

fceux BombSweeper.nes

If you get any encoding or resolution error. i am not expert for this. so try to find out solution on Internet.

Launch FCEUX:

fceux hello.nes

Make sure your resulting is a Page with HELLO, WORLD!

Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
@sagher I love Nintendo games specially Pokemon, so this is only for the emulator how about for the games you want to play with where can we download?
@Vuluts : You only need to collect Roms.and save it on any reachable location of your VPS HDD. and give them Permission CHMOD 755. i have many roms. specially Zelda Series. because i love to Play The Legend of Zelda. it's not too easy to get working roms from internet. if it is legal to post game roms here then i give you download links of my own 4shared upload client links.
i feel hesitate to do this before admin permission. because most forums not take it as a good post.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting