arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life, wonderful !
cold autumn winds, outside,
knocking, on and on, days and night !

in the deep dark lap of the sky,
countless stars, frozen drops of light !!

A lover, roams and roams, alone, down below on Earth..

Endless, unforgiving, old and cold, the path..

Everyone has warned him again and again,

That all this, futile, nothing to lose or gain,

That no matter how much you search and search,

will end up at last, exactly where you start.

But he is happy, for there will always be lands to explore,

That all roads lead to the infinite magical shore..

I'm posting it here, cause this is partly an expression of how i view life.

It started as an attempt to translate a Bengali poem i love so much.

I will give anyone an upvote if you can guess the writer or the poem that I wanted to translate, from those two lines at the start.

please forgive errors. correct anything you deem should be corrected.

thanks for reading.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
@rudra It is a nice poem. However the poem needs to be in quotation marks with credit to the source.  As per Forum rules.

I'm moving the thread to "Off Topic" Forum for now as I don't see how it can fit in the Philosophy Forum.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Thanks @deanhills

that's a very good idea.

It is not a translation of any poem. I was trying to do that. But then I went seriously off course with my thoughts and ended up writing this.

I can mention the poem though.

It is by Jibanananda Das.
Named "Baire Himer Haoa"

So I can and do claim as the writer of this little poem ( or whatever Tongue ).

Thank you !
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
Wow @rudra.  I'm impressed.  Cool

I'd have never guessed the author of the poem was you.  All of these talents!  I salute you for sure. I probably now have to move this thread to the hobby section of the forum.

Must say although I'm not unhappy, this Corona atmosphere makes me feel boxed in.  Today I did however notice how much purer the air has become outside.  Earth is smiling on us and enjoying a break in all of the industry activity.  But problem is we are not allowed to enjoy it outside as we're supposed to stay indoors for most of the day other than going out to buy necessary supplies with masks and hand gloves on.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
if community infection has not started there...(random people without history of foreign travel or meeting one with the same getting infected) .....then you can go outside.. actually i think you should ...for your health and sanity...it is the people who are careless and daring...we should be wary of.

haha..please don't salute me....i do feel deep emotions. but probably everyone has theirs ( any emotional zombie lurking around here !? ). I lack mastery over language though and don't have much time left to acquire that either... SAD

I lived a life spread way too thin over too many interests and so i am not an expert in anything at all. though i must say i dont regret it. Now I am really focused on math and theory of AI and really do hope I have enough in me to reach the border of the known region and put this to good use somehow.

Did you notice that this poem is about me ? thats how I feel. I am the lover. I find so many things to love around us.
(04-02-2020, 04:36 PM)rudra Wrote: cold autumn winds, outside,
knocking, on and on, days and night !

in the deep dark lap of the sky,
countless stars, frozen drops of light !!

A lover, roams and roams, alone, down below on Earth..

Endless, unforgiving, old and cold, the path..

Everyone has warned him again and again,

That all this, futile, nothing to lose or gain,

That no matter how much you search and search,

will end up at last, exactly where you start.

But he is happy, for there will always be lands to explore,

That all roads lead to the infinite magical shore..

I'm posting it here, cause this is partly an expression of how i view life.

It started as an attempt to translate a Bengali poem i love so much.

I will give anyone an upvote if you can guess the writer or the poem that I wanted to translate, from those two lines at the start.

please forgive errors. correct anything you deem should be corrected.

thanks for reading.

Excellent poem there! At first I also thought it was just a translation (to he honest, even that impressed me! It’s not easy to translate poems and give the reader the same “effect”).

But upon scrolling down, I realized you actually wrote this. That’s absolutely magnificent and very impressive! I can never see myself writing a decent poem... let alone one this good!

You sure do have one amazing talent!
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
Oh my !! Ha Ha..

Thanks ikk157 !

As I mentioned before, I started it as a translation. And I do love this novelist and poet. But his works are overflowing with pessimism and futility of life. A significant portion of all his works is so depressing. He had great vision and talent of painting with words. So as usual, the ending was somewhat like this...

"There is nothing but this endless path,
lost beyond the horizon."

It is our horizon....end of our mortal lifespan,....but the path is unending. Leading to nowhere in particular...

I am the kind of person who is not lost even when there is no hope. It is like an axiom to me.....so that rebel in me just didn't want to go along with it. I went into my own emotions...

All my (apparently childish) reasoning and logic has led me to see ( possibly wrongly) that this idea of me, i, we, ....just futile. There is not much of a fixed "i". So why care if there is any absolute goal, meaning or sense, purpose to it all. I mean having that could be considered devastating. Not having that is rather liberating.

It is all convoluted. I know !!

Thanks a lot for giving it a read !

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting