arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for software for coding
Most of the time I would just use gedit for coding on Ubuntu.

Sometimes I may use Notepad++ on Windows. Both of them have good color styling for many different programming languages.

The only IDE I would have to use is Android Studio, simply because I cannot find better alternative for developing native Android apps.

it depend on what you want to code but most of them use a styled text editor that is optimized for coding like ntoepad++ , sublime text , atom , etc . there is a lot of them

but if you want to be specific like create android apps android studio is the software and for making .net apps visual studio is the software to make .net apps
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(02-26-2019, 08:32 AM)sagher Wrote: What is the operating system you using?
Some most using OS have the best coding software for php.
Atom Coding and editing software are best for iOS. able to fix syntax errors. self help system for faster coding.
Aptana Studio have access for multiple OS (Windows, MAC, Linux) and free to install.
Intalij IDEA also a good choice.

I use Ubuntu 18.04
With Liquinox AMD64 Kernel
I Think Something Can Help! With This Thread

(02-20-2019, 12:31 PM)rudra Wrote: I am not a supporter of learning programming languages using IDEs. But since you asked, I think the softwares made by jetbrains are really up there these days. They are like next best thing to a sentient assistant.

And You Say Jetbrains IDE is the best for now!
Right But the best in version 2017.2
Terminal
Solo Developer
(02-27-2019, 03:41 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: Most of the time I would just use gedit for coding on Ubuntu.

Sometimes I may use Notepad++ on Windows. Both of them have good color styling for many different programming languages.

The only IDE I would have to use is Android Studio, simply because I cannot find better alternative for developing native Android apps.

Same here. I use Notepad++ as it is reliable and easy to use and handle. Plus it doesn't even make my process lags.
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
(03-04-2019, 07:16 AM)Manal Wrote: Same here. I use Notepad++ as it is reliable and easy to use and handle. Plus it doesn't even make my process lags.

I use notepad++ when i use windows . It is extremely lightweight and feature rich but since i use linux and have higher amount of ram i use atom . Atom is ram hungry but that is what i most familiar with for now ,
Terminal
(03-04-2019, 01:02 PM)humanpuff69 Wrote: I use notepad++ when i use windows . It is extremely lightweight and feature rich but since i use linux and have higher amount of ram i use atom . Atom is ram hungry but that is what i most familiar with for now ,

Actually, Linux's own text editor named gedit is also ok for coding. It's really nice and light to have gedit with your coding apps.

The one why I don't like is because it doesn't have any auto-complete while Atom does. But for mini coding, gedit is OK.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(02-20-2019, 07:53 AM)chanalku91 Wrote: Is there better software than this?
I want to get more different things

Looking at your rather.. procrastination regarding learning programming, it does not matter which IDE you use to learn simple editors like Notepad++ or Visual Studio Code are more than enough to learn how to do basic stuff. Even advanced stuff like debugging is available in Visual Studio Code you are not building enterprise software you are just learning and learning requires you to put your head down and code. That's it, lots of Google and lots of stack overflow lots of GitHub open issues and pulling your hair out.
Don't look for the perfect IDE just pick one and stick with it. They all do the job just fine.
Try Notepad++ or Sublime Text i used both but if your fan of adobe try use Brackets its also good
You can use any text editing software for php editing . There is notepad++(Windows Exclusive) , sublime text , atom (what i use) , vscode , etc

Some of them have feature that other doesnt have . You should try one of them and try which one the best for your use case
Terminal
I recommend Notepad ++ , SubLime & atom, i used both of them and they are really awesome but notepad is really good for coding

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-18-2020, 04:08 PM
Last Post: deanhills
09-16-2020, 11:20 AM
Last Post: sagher
04-10-2020, 12:06 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting