arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 2nd Opensource project, exam taking app.
(05-02-2021, 02:02 AM)mzltest Wrote: Then I suggest making this as a survey rather then exam.As other members figured out - no protection.But once your started implenting the protection it's not longer broswer-side completable.You need process filtering,screenshoting,phone that used as 2nd camera and supervisioning utility(like OMS - https://oms.pintia.cn/ ),so that's a lot of effort needed.

But a survey system is better.If you want to use ot for education,just add some real-time updating in browser and mobile-friendly polls.I believe it's a easy job for you using something like websockets,or at the worst,periodly ajax refreshing.

Thank you for your support and valuable insights.

This open-source app just serves the only purpose, taking MCQ exams, unlimited and without any restricted feature. I have created replace google form for examination. My friend is taking an exam using google form and have a hard time doing that. I am making to help a lot of friends who just need enough to take a couple of exams and that's it. The current solutions are shady and they don't have any control over their data.
And I thought it will be a good project for me if it solves any problems.
Thank you to post4vps and HostDare for my awesome VPS 12!
Check My first ever opensource project Alpana Blood Donation Drive .
(05-02-2021, 04:33 PM)debjit Wrote: Thank you for your support and valuable insights.

This open-source app just serves the only purpose, taking MCQ exams, unlimited and without any restricted feature. I have created replace google form for examination. My friend is taking an exam using google form and have a hard time doing that. I am making to help a lot of friends who just need enough to take a couple of exams and that's it. The current solutions are shady and they don't have any control over their data.
And I thought it will be a good project for me if it solves any problems.
For that purpose there is no need to consider cheating.And I suggest a feature which let you import questions quickly from a text or word file,which can be useful*.

(And some of our exams are online too,bit we are using Rain Classroom,which let you import questions on the Powerpoint to exam using their Office plugin)
*eg:
First,search for \n and lines starting with n. n) (n) where n is a interger as question.If the question line includes like (a) (A) __A__ A and is not in the starting 10 characters treat them as answer to the question.
Then search for choices like A. a) a. [A] following the first step with a \n .These choices may all in a single line.
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .
@mzltest yes you can import from excel or CSV file and also export questions from the database. I will create a preview test app so you can try and reset all the questions by midnight every day.
(05-03-2021, 05:48 AM)debjit Wrote: @mzltest yes you can import from excel or CSV file and also export questions from the database. I will create a preview test app so you can try and reset all the questions by midnight every day.

Importing from CSV file is awesome. Do you use library or do it yourself?

I want to add this feature to my current app too. Have no time right now to add one but I think there is a library that facilitates us for this. Interested to learn more Big Grin.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(05-04-2021, 03:28 AM)tiwil Wrote: Importing from CSV file is awesome. Do you use library or do it yourself?

I want to add this feature to my current app too. Have no time right now to add one but I think there is a library that facilitates us for this. Interested to learn more Big Grin.

I use maatwebsite/excel package for importing to the database. I think you can import to your PHP app using composer. And it is very simple to integrate. Well documented.
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting