arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My thoughts on macOS 11
So I have a MacBook Pro and I installed macOS 11 Public Beta a few hours after it was released (since I was sleeping when it was released), and here's my experience with it.

What I like about macOS 11
MacOS Big Sur (11) looks pretty dope tbh. Apple finally got rid of the old design from macOS Yosemite and replaced it with an iOS-like design which looks amazing (for me at least). It isn't too buggy and I don't have any plans on downgrading back to Catalina.
The things I like most about macOS Big Sur is the desktop - the more translucent menu bar and dock look amazing compared to macOS Catalina. I also love the new icons for the apps - they have a modern feel to them with the rounded square shape and the gradient background.

What I dislike (or kind of dislike)
There's this bug where there's a small rectangle on some apps the size of the URL input bar on Chrome. Please apple, fix this bug. It's been happening with apps that can have whatever that top part of the app is called hidden (especially third party apps). Even though it doesn't really distract me from using certain apps, I still want this fixed by the next beta or the stable release.
Other than that, the old icon from Catalina for the internal hard drive looks better - the new one looks like they got it off from Leopard. I can live with the back button not being added to the control centre, but it would be really nice if that was added.

Overall, macOS 11 is pretty cool, but it also has its cons that I can live with, but would like to be fixed.
macOS 11 has been incredible so far and I am running it on a rebuilt MacPro G5 and using it as my production machine and internal server at the moment. Some of the bugs you have pointed out, though valid, are a by product of your software not being fully compatible with macOS 11 and that falls to the developer, but with the ecosystem not being fully stable at the moment you will not see these issues fixed until public release, which has been delayed due to issues with Xcode compiling and some of the SMB server protocols having to be striped due to them being broken from Mavericks+. I do agree that the design is a breath of fresh air and it unifies the iOS, iPadOS and macOS platforms, which is a great launch pad with the introduction of Apple Silicon and Universal 2, so we will see apps from the iOS/iPadOS environment on macOS and their interfaces will behave and look the same due to the unification of interfaces and code libraries.

Please also make sure to report any errors to Apple using the Feedback Request tool, this is the only way they are going to be able to identify issues outside of the development environment. Thanks!
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
Yay the "small rectangle" bug got fixed, thanks apple

But did it really need them multiple betas to fix this issue smh
(10-01-2020, 03:47 PM)GreenInkling Wrote: Yay the "small rectangle" bug got fixed, thanks apple

But did it really need them multiple betas to fix this issue smh

Yeah the macOS 11 beta process has been a rocky road this season. I was running it on my MacBook Pro then it broke all of my Adobe Creative Cloud apps and Xcode, so I had to restore from one of my weekly backups.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting