arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW VPS 1 Review - -

New VPS 1 Review - -

VPS Introduction :
As we know old VPS 1 which was located in Canada is replaced by the new VPS located in London.I recently received this VPS and this is a quick review of the new VPS 1.I would like to thank for providing the VPS to Post4VPS community aswell thanking to the founders and staff of Post4VPS.Before reviewing I would also like to express my gratitude to the developers of benchmark shell and speedtest as these are the tools used to write this review through the putty software.

VPS Specifications(as listed):
Disk Space: 20 GB
RAM: 512 MB RAM & 512 MB vSwap
IP Addresses: 1x IPv4
Virtualization: OpenVZ
Monthly Traffic: 1 TB
Control Panel: SolusVM
Connection: 1 GBit/s
Comparing with the old VPS 1 which was high on SSD and Bandwidth the new VPS 1 have very less Disk Space and Bandwidth.vSwap is not currently added to my VPS.Hope you will get vSwap of 512 MB as well along with 512 MB RAM.Old VPS 1 had just 50 MB unlisted vSwap.You are missing IPv6 here, no IPv6 provided along with this.I think you will see what is reduced with the new location, comparing speedtest results of the old VPS 1 with the new VPS 1 the download speed reduced to almost half along with a small decrease on upload speed from the nearest speedtest locations.The new VPS 1 comes with SolusVM CP.

System Information :
 Processor             Intel Xeon E3-1230V2 @ 3.29 GHz
                       1 Processor, 4 CPU Cores, 4 Threads
 Processor ID          GenuineIntel Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
 Frequency:  3292.411 MHz
 Memory: 512 MB
 Swap: 0 MB
 Uptime:   1 day, 4:44,      
 Operating System      Linux 2.6.32-042stab111.12 x86_64
 L1 Instruction Cache  32.0 KB x 2
 L1 Data Cache         32.0 KB x 2
 L2 Cache              256 KB x 2
 L3 Cache              8.00 MB
 BIOS                  
 Compiler              Clang 3.3 (tags/RELEASE_33/final)

Drive Speed :
------------
I/O (1st attempt):  861 MB/s
I/O (2nd attempt):  693 MB/s
I/O (3rd attempt):  1.6 GB/s
Average I/O: 518.533 MB/s
Number of CPU Cores is doubled with the new VPS 1.4 CPU Cores are available now.I/O Speed decreased again.

Network Performance :
IPv4 Speed Test :
Speedtest IPv4 only
-------------------
Your public IPv4 is ****

CDN - nearest location:
Download speed from Cachefly: 33.4MB/s

America - United States:
Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta, GA: 21.2MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 10.2MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 3.13MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 14.8MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 27.7MB/s

Asia:
Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, Japan: 7.76MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 3.55MB/s

Europe:
Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, Netherlands: 60.3MB/s
Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, Netherlands: 94.6MB/s
As I said earlier the speed is decreased on America & Asia.Since the server located on London, on Europe you can see good circulation.The maximum speed is from Haarlem, Netherlands @ 94.6MB/s and this is a tiny more of the old VPS 1 considering maxmium speed from Cachefly.

Speedtest.net Result :
Hosted by Bright (Sittingbourne) Testing download speed........................................
Download: 421.37 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed..................................................
Upload: 208.36 Mbit/s
Share results: [Image: 4783384456.png]
The speed is good considering other available VPS Plans listed on Post4VPS.

Control Panel :
The VPS is provided with SolusVM access, SolusVM is easy to use, if you are on a mobile version then I will recommend you to use its Desktop version as I sometimes saw the mobile version is not updated in real time.Also when changing root passwords through SolusVM don't use symbols as SolusVM does not support it currently.

VPS Usage :
I will continue to use the VPS for ffmpeg project, it seems perfect to use for 1 process on a time.Between I am still experimenting on the process, always better to use KVM for this purpose.

Reliability :
Currently I decided not to say much on "Reliability" as I said this a "Quick Review".But until now, no downtime occured.

Suggestions to improve :
Since there is a better plan of VPS 1 as VPS 4 I will say users will go for the VPS 4 and VPS 1 may be unused for a while, I would like to suggest increasing bandwidth for this plan, so there is some better specification on VPS 1.And update vSwap for all users Big Grin

My Rating :
VPS Specifications : 8.5/10(Good)
VPS Network : 9/10(Very Good)
VPS Uptime : N/A
VPS Support : N/A
Overall Rating : 8.75/10(Good)

My Opinion :
VPS specifications is low but good for small projects.The network speed is very good.But I'll recommend VPS 4 for the new applicants as it is the better choice for you. Big Grin

Reviewed By : Littlemaster
Date : Wednesday, 28 October 2015

Thank you  Sweet

sponsor name removed
seems good. but i need a VPS that can run a bot which need minimum 2 GB of ram
(01-04-2016, 05:53 AM)CallmeReaz Wrote: seems good. but i need a VPS that can run a bot which need minimum 2 GB of ram

Running a bot from vps is illegal and sponsors here doesn't supports illegal thing on their VPSs.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
topic closed to prevent spam
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-18-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: fChk
 Evolution Host  VPS 10 Review
05-31-2021, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Decent12
 Evolution Host  VPS 10 Review
05-31-2021, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Decent12
 Host4Fun  VPS 1 Review
05-11-2021, 10:34 PM
Last Post: fChk
04-30-2021, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Sn1F3rt

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting