arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New SSD, New problems
Hello everyone.
i have got a new ssd which is not working and having a lot of issues. i wanted to try to fix it before im replacing it at the store.
so the problem is the windows is unable to detect the ssd. not in device manager, not in disk management and not in bios.
i have tried to see if im detecting it on windows setup disk list. and surprisingly i have seen the ssd on the disk lists on the windows setup but
 i saw something strange:
[Image: b84f609b-a1e2-4ca0-ba43-8c2ed386ea87?upload=true]
the disk is here but is not working and unable to access (picture is taken from google)
i have tried to google it and follow the steps of what people say.
for example: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...9f6?page=1
and i have tried everything but the same errors they have i have and every thread that was opened was left unanswered...
i would like to ask your help guys one last time before i replace it in shop
EDIT: forgot to mention that when the ssd is connected then pc is going very slow and stuck. on startup and when im on windows
Thank you Post4vps and BladeNode for vps 6!!!
I believe the SSD could be faulty in this case, If it's not showing up exactly on BIOS. Can you also share the screenshot of "Show Details" that would provide us with more information.
Which company is SSD? If it's slowing down the PC in case it could be the faulty SSD i had a Crucial 64GB which eventually stopped showing up but it was slowing down my other SSD and boot speed.
Have you tried swapping SATA cables too?
Lets see what others have to say on this.
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

When im pressing show details it says that there is not enough space to install on the selected hard drive
"This Partition is too small. Make the size of this partition at least 11086 MB or select another partition."
i have changed the sata cable and same. nothing works
I'd advise you to simply replace the ssd if possible. I know my answer may seen obvious but there's no point fixing a faulty ssd and even if you fixed it somehow I definitely wouldnt trust it to store my data.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
I don't really have anything to add. @Honey has given you great support in your case.

The product is DOA (dead on arrival) which means the product was already dead when you bought it / it arrived to you. Return it to the seller and demand your money back or a new replacement drive.

Drive is not showing up in BIOS? Bad sign. If the drive is recognized it shows up as no available space? Again a bad sign (SSD controller might answer but the flash storage might be dead or the controller is not working properly). Same issues keep happening even after swapping cables... you know the drill... bad sign.

Don't mess around with it. Return it ASAP.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
alright. will return it to the shop and ask for replacement. close this thread please
thanks for the help Heart
you have only one more option is to connect your SSD as a USB external drive and then check the status. if you have any SATA to USB converter cable. or any old external HDD drive. you try to connect your device as a external USB device. if again the same it means some bypass component are burned which unable to pass current to chipset. and it's better to replace it. don't ever try to open it even not try to use any tools on it which looks like you try to open the SSD.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting