arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i want to attempt at answering a question in the opening post.
"does openvz will affect my game servers performance ..." ??

this depends on the condition of the host system. if it is overloaded , then yours may even run slower on a KVM system. Now theoretically, if you are using a totally free system and checking an openvz against a KVM of similar specs to run the server, then kvm is probably going to run a bit faster. it has more direct access to hardware. so latency and responsiveness is supposed to be better.

but this is just common sense and you know how fallible it can be at times. just check my new thread on hardware forum.

hope this helps. thanks
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
Look, as far as I know, kvm is generally better than openvz.
In openvz too much restriction will be unintentionally created. But in kvm you can manage your server 99% and focus on it. But I don't think it's any different in game server building.
Thanks Post4VPS
Well I myself wanted to answer the question regarding the GS performance in the OP but since @rudra already did, I'll rather not repeat the same thing. I definitely agree with @rudra about the load factor, and that's precisely it. If your VPS is overloaded chances exist, that a KVM VPS might not as well be able to give you the latency you expect, whereas an OVZ one on a lower load, may give you 10x better latency than the KVM one. So it's relative. However, as rudra explained, on a free system definitely KVM gives better performance than the OVZ one, provided you compare VMs of the same specs.

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
@rudra i just got it thats what i wanted to know about since i have a KVM VPS and OPENVZ VPS from same provider but KVM lagging my Game server badly while on openvz my game server performance is good enough
Thread closed at request of author of thread.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
06-06-2021, 05:33 AM
Last Post: fChk

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting