arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should i do with my Raspberry pis?
(11-11-2019, 01:34 PM)humanpuff69 Wrote: the 4gb one is great for daily light desktop uses it have powerfull processor and huge ram . it is also great for emulation thanks to the improved processor . the 3 is kinda underpowered it can run lower emulation and the 1gb of ram is very bottleneck for desktop use espescially with browser

That’s exactly what I currently use them for, just some light desktop tasks. However, I rarely use it due to the fact that I can pretty much already do everything on my iPhone. There’s not much the raspberry pi can currently do that my iPhone can’t already do! And honestly, I didn’t notice that big of a performance difference between the raspberry pi 4B and 3B+.

(11-12-2019, 07:27 PM)rudra Wrote: i was told that even raspberry pi 3b could be used as a system to do work over vnc. i mean remotely logging in a system over network / internet. Could anyone please confirm that  from personal experience ? Using full size monitor (1080p i mean).

4gb ram raspberry pi v4 b is awesome  i am told. playing full hd youtube in full screen gets it bogged down a bit. otherwise it can be used as a desktop. But i would be very careful to use a good hunk of metal with good heat dissipation surface area in good contact with the heat generating chips . heat kills electronics fast.

The raspberry pi 3B+ struggled when it comes to video playback... and the sound quality was horrible to today’s standards... i still wonder to this day how people use it as their home theatre system... like, whaaaaat???

However, that’s not the case with the raspberry pi 4B+. The raspberry pi 4B+ is capable of 4K video playback on two screens simultaneously (yup! Two screens!!!). And it seems to do that with no issues at all! Everything is smooth, and same goes with the audio quality, it’s quite good now!
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
Audio quality over HDMI on the Raspberry Pi 3 and other Raspberry Pi was never really a problem. However the audio/video jack combo has some really horrible sound to deal with. Hence why I see no issue in how people used older RPis (including me) for home media systems.

Fairly enough the drivers for the GPU stack and etc have been closed source for a long time... Meaning no one from the community could do any improvements. This situation has improved a little though (check this).
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(11-14-2019, 07:20 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: Audio quality over HDMI on the Raspberry Pi 3 and other Raspberry Pi was never really a problem. However the audio/video jack combo has some really horrible sound to deal with. Hence why I see no issue in how people used older RPis (including me) for home media systems.

Fairly enough the drivers for the GPU stack and etc have been closed source for a long time... Meaning no one from the community could do any improvements. This situation has improved a little though (check this).

I use HDMI on my old raspberry pi 3B+. And if you compare the audio quality with your phone, then you can really tell how bad it actually is! Not sure about other operating systems, but playing YouTube through the built in chromium in raspbian is extremely choppy! And it’s even worse if you try other browsers!
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
(11-14-2019, 06:54 PM)ikk157 Wrote: That’s exactly what I currently use them for, just some light desktop tasks. However, I rarely use it due to the fact that I can pretty much already do everything on my iPhone. There’s not much the raspberry pi can currently do that my iPhone can’t already do! And honestly, I didn’t notice that big of a performance difference between the raspberry pi 4B and 3B+.

The raspberry pi 3B+ struggled when it comes to video playback... and the sound quality was horrible to today’s standards... i still wonder to this day how people use it as their home theatre system... like, whaaaaat???

However, that’s not the case with the raspberry pi 4B+. The raspberry pi 4B+ is capable of 4K video playback on two screens simultaneously (yup! Two screens!!!). And it seems to do that with no issues at all! Everything is smooth, and same goes with the audio quality, it’s quite good now!

Yes from performance standpoint . Raspberry pi is basically a low end smartphone without a screen , battery ,camera , etc but much more open . Amd that openness it what allow it to runlinux and have great community

But in open source software it is a big no . Raspberry is running linux instead of proprietary ios with inability to sideload apps
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(12-24-2019, 06:00 PM)humanpuff69 Wrote: Yes from performance standpoint . Raspberry pi is basically a low end smartphone without a screen , battery ,camera , etc but much more open . Amd that openness it what allow it to runlinux and have great community

But in open source software it is a big no . Raspberry is running linux instead of proprietary ios with inability to sideload apps

How is it a big no when it comes to open source software? For a matter of fact, open source software is the best for the raspberry pis since you can compile it yourself for the arm architecture! Unlike many closed source software that only bothere with x86 and x64 architectures.

And regarding what you said about iOS. Well, iOS is made to only work on iPod Touch’s, iPhones and iPads (even though it’s been renamed to iPadOS recently for the iPad). So of course you won’t be able to run in elsewhere!
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
05-27-2017, 01:59 PM
Last Post: humanpuff69
12-13-2016, 04:40 AM
Last Post: maroon93

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting